A better brisket?

Started by goalieboy29, August 05, 2005, 02:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

First it seems to me unless this is a smaller brisket it is cooking too fast if I got the time correct. But the box temp is on the money.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">my vote 190 then ftc regardless of the clock...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">This is a good temp. However, if you want it only to be 190 F then remove it around 182-184 F. I have found that when it is 190-195 F after FTC it will slice good but is easy to cut with a fork.

EDIT.... ya forget the clock! Go with temp. [:p]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

goalieboy29

Thanks a heap fellas,I feel much better now.

This is a 6 pounder, so not the biggest. I will pull it at 190 and then FTC til supper time. Decided to put a couple of hens on the rotisserie just in case the guests get really hungry. Also, that way no fights between my 2 rigs...

Off to start the other Q. Beer supply running dangerously low. Oh Honey?.....

goalieboy29

It's the wood that makes it good...
It's the wood that makes it good.

Sauce Bauce

<font face="Arial"><font size="3"><b><font color="maroon">Damn!
I said I would never cook another brisket but DAMN!

I am going to have to buy me another keyboard.  I just drooled all over mine!

Well, maybe just one more time.  Mine are always too dry, over cooked I guess....  It's almost 2:00AM here and I am so hungery I think I will raid the fridge and go back to bed and dream that acutally cooked a brisket that looked that good.

I see a lot of members are posting pictures now and I like that.  Especially when it is a picture of the finished product. One, it gives readers an idea of what they should expect and two, it is so interesting to see not only the smoked food but also the smokers and where they are being used.  Just adds interest to the post, I think.

OK, off to the fridge and then back to bed.

Sauce Bauce (Don)</font id="maroon"></b></font id="size3"></font id="Arial">

Oldman

Good to see ya posting
Sauce. I will give ya
a call in a few days.
Olds

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

psdubl07

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
One more thought;Hey psdubl07, you mention that I should smoke for 4 hours then wrap in saran and foil and keep on cooking til 187-190. Won't the saran melt or get nasty? Never cooked with it before so I'm not sure I got that suggestion right.

It's the wood that makes it good...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sorry for being so late on this.  No, the saran doesn't get nasty or melt.  I was told by a competition bbq guy that anything wrapped in foil is wasted if it's not wrapped in saran too.  While I don't quite agree with that, I have found it holds the moisture in even better, which in some cases is what you're shooting for.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">....guy that anything wrapped in foil is wasted if it's not wrapped in saran too. While I don't quite agree with that,.....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I agree with you, that is a big statement.  Had too much success with out it.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...