Hot Ditty Dog Franks

Started by OU812, October 04, 2011, 11:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Made up some Franks the other day.

50/50 pork butt/deer meat.

The players.

All mixed up and aloud to sit wile I ground the meat.

The meat after being ground 3 times through the 3/16" plate.

All mixed up and ready to stuff.

Stuffed in the new casings I got from Sailor, thanks buddy, and in the smoker.

Smoked 3 hr with pecan and finished off in this thingy.

Hang to bloom for a bit.

After the bloom hung in the fridge for 48 hr then skinned and walla.

All packaged up and a few for the cook.

Had one for lunch today and it didnt suck.

Mmmm mm mmmmmm!

classicrockgriller

The Franks look Kicker, but..................

Tell me that's Not ketchup on a Hotdog. (unless it's What-a-Burger ketchup) ;D

Sub my ketchup with chopped onions and you got a table partner.

Got my casings in yesterday and doing some Kiebasa tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip on the triple grind.

The Franks looks Sweet! Hot Diggity Dog!

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 04, 2011, 11:38:41 AM
The Franks look Kicker, but..................

Tell me that's Not ketchup on a Hotdog. (unless it's What-a-Burger ketchup) ;D

Sub my ketchup with chopped onions and you got a table partner.

Got my casings in yesterday and doing some Kiebasa tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip on the triple grind.

The Franks looks Sweet! Hot Diggity Dog!

Yep thats ketchup and CYM on that there dog.

Did the taste test straight up so I could see how it compaired to the ball park franks.

I like mine with kraut, onions and jalapenos best but didnt have any of the fixins at work.

When doin the grind put the meat (spread out on a shallow pan) in the freezer for 20 min between each grind.

classicrockgriller

muebe

A dog like that deserves some really good mustard and onions ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Sailor

WOW!  They really came out nice.  I love the color that you got.  What size links did you make.  I think I figured a 7 inch link would give pretty close to 1/4 pound.  I am going to have to make up some of them hog diggity dogs.  Whoot

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

Nice job on them dogs, very professional looking

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Tenpoint5

Any changes to the original recipe other than the addition of cure #1 to smoke them?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 04, 2011, 12:33:54 PM
Any changes to the original recipe other than the addition of cure #1 to smoke them?

Yep,,,,,,,,,left out the coriander, added ground celery seed and changed the measurements of some of the other ingredients.

mikeradio

Looks great, I need too get some of them casings.  What are they and where could one order some from?

Thanks

MIke

Sailor

Quote from: mikeradio on October 04, 2011, 01:18:28 PM
Looks great, I need too get some of them casings.  What are they and where could one order some from?

Thanks

MIke

The casings are cellulose. You can't eat them.  They peel great and produce a professional looking sausage.  I think the rolls that we got were 70 feet and you can stuff about 25 lbs per roll.

I ordered a caddy from Dupey http://dupeyequipment.com There were 50 in a Caddy and several of us split them up.  I have also purchased from http://www.alliedkenco.com/230.aspx  Pretty expensive to order just one.  I think when it was all said and done we paid $2.82 each plus mailing which was about $5.00.  I will order another caddy if I can get others that will go in on it.  I can mail 5 rolls in an envelope for $4.95.

OU812

Quote from: Sailor on October 04, 2011, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: mikeradio on October 04, 2011, 01:18:28 PM

Thanks

MIke

The casings are cellulose. You can't eat them.  They peel great and produce a professional looking sausage.  I think the rolls that we got were 70 feet and you can stuff about 25 lbs per roll.

I ordered a caddy from Dupey http://dupeyequipment.com There were 50 in a Caddy and several of us split them up.  I have also purchased from http://www.alliedkenco.com/230.aspx  Pretty expensive to order just one.  I think when it was all said and done we paid $2.82 each plus mailing which was about $5.00.  I will order another caddy if I can get others that will go in on it.  I can mail 5 rolls in an envelope for $4.95.

My shipping was a little more than that.  ;D

Sailor

DUH....yes someone can't do a spreadsheet formula for crap.  Still trying to figure that out. 

mikeradio

Thank you for the info, I would be in for sure if you get another group order together.
I ordered a Kirby Canon so I will need some.

Mike

mikecorn.1

Them some nice looking dogs. Bun length :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike