GB Jerky

Started by northof60girl, October 06, 2011, 12:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northof60girl

Thanks!  I must admit I did burn myself rotating the trays lol....then got into a hot shower and burned it again.  Learning curve!..only try to rotate one tray at a time with oven mitts! 

Quarlow

North get your self a pair of leather woork gloves. Brand new, nice and clean. They fit good, don't have holes, They come up past your wrists and they don't slip off. They work great for rotating racks and handling food. Of course they will eventually get greasy so just throw them in the wash.
If you can't find a good heavy extension cord (which should be 12Ga) that is just long enough to reach were you do your smoking I could make one up for you for the cost of the cord and plug ends. I made my own which is only 15' long and it works great. You don't want your cord any longer than it has to be cause you get voltage drop, and the longer it is the more drop you get.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

northof60girl

Ya, Sonny mentioned that about gauge and length.  I didn't make it to CT to get another one yet, so used the long one-14 G that I had but would love to get a shorter one that is the right G and length.  Sure, just PM me with the cost and I've got some salmon steaks in the freezer I would gladly hand over if you like sockeye salmon for doing it for me.  I actually have leather gloves that I will be pulling out next time.  I also have the rubber oven mitts which are easy to wash, I was just being lazy so deserved to be reminded that things are hot. 

Thanks
Laurie

Quarlow

"I also have the rubber oven mitts which are easy to wash,"  do you mean those silcone gloves. If so I have those and they are to slippery. I can't grip stuff hard enough to keep from dropping them.
How long of a cord do you need?
"If I like sockeye salmon" haha  that is funny. Of course my coworker who loves to fish won't eat salmon. I could eat salmon 5 times a week. But really you don't have to give me anything. It only takes 10 mins to make depending how many times I drop my screwdriver while picking up my drink. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

northof60girl

Yes, us Canadians like our booze!  I'd like to be able to eyeball it and give you an answer however the female in me must measure it to be sure so I will get back to you tomorrow with the length (Mike Holmes would be proud of me measuring hahaha).  Will PM my info for you.  Thanks again and yes, your getting salmon!

pikeman_95

Hey west of 60 great looking sticks. I bet they taste great. I see you mentioned smelling like smoke after a day of this. I have had to head for the store smelling like that. It is kind of funny watching people after they walk by you. They turn around and take another sniff. It is embarrassing when they stop and try to lick your cloths.

KC

Quarlow

Quote from: northof60girl on October 08, 2011, 08:30:04 PM
Yes, us Canadians like our booze!  I'd like to be able to eyeball it and give you an answer however the female in me must measure it to be sure so I will get back to you tomorrow with the length (Mike Holmes would be proud of me measuring hahaha).  Will PM my info for you.  Thanks again and yes, your getting salmon!
Ok, well I am glad we are just talking about extension cords.  8) :o Just kidding. I guess after that comment we will have to meet in a very public place. LOL

OBS
BBQ

northof60girl

hhahaha KC.  I can smell it all the time as I now have my smoker on a dolly so I can roll it into my small little place so it doesn't get stolen out of my backyard.  I went over to my friends after I was done and apparently the dog could still smell the grease and smoke on me cause she was all over me lol.  Oh well, to be able to do things like I did today that most people would not bother to try is worth it!

northof60girl

Hahaha Colin.   I may be a female but I was in the US Army and worked as a prison guard, raised two daughters and live in Surrey.  No fear here my friend lol  :D

Quarlow

LOL in that case it will be out in public for my safety. Don't feel bad about the area you are in. I would say I am in a pretty good area but nothing is safe here either. Actually "a pretty good area" anywhere in surrey is a complete oxymoron.  ;)

OBS
BBQ

northof60girl

Very true.  There are dirtbags everywhere, you just got to have situational awareness.  Will PM you tomorrow with measurements.  Thanks again Colin.   :D

Quarlow

"situational awareness" Yaa don't leave anything out locked or otherwise, put bars on the windows and if you are going to leave the house wire shotguns to the doors. And then hope they don't steal your shotguns.  :o  ;D

OBS
BBQ