• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Adding extra rack rails??

Started by Smokeville, April 10, 2012, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

I've pretty much decided to add extra rails to my OBS4 and DBS6.

Since I don't have access to a machine shop, is there any place I can purchase the rails in kit form along with the fasteners and instructions?

Thanks,
Rich

beefmann

I remember seeing a  link of where the rails and hardware is available, do not remember where, might  want to check at yard and pool, or you  could go to home depot and buy there aluminum rails cut them to length  then rivet them to the sides.

Smokeville

Thanks, Beefmann!

Right after I posted I decided to do a google search and it found me a post on this forum I couldn't find by searching. It had the link you are refering to. The website is smokeandstuff.com.

It looks easy enough that I can do it myself. And as I recall my neighbour is an airplane mechanic.... handy! (We send over lots of smoked stuff so I'm sure he would be willing to help).

Rich

car54

Why not just go to a hardware store and get some aluminum angle and pop rivet them in.

Kahunas

Hi,
I used aluminum angle and self drilling self tapping screws to mount them. I pre drilled the holes in the angle and they you just have to be careful driving the screws so you dont overtighten them and strip out the hole it just made. (the walls are really thin on the smoker)
Have fun, I know you will like the extra rack space.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

TedEbear

Quote from: Smokeville on April 10, 2012, 01:46:08 PM
I've pretty much decided to add extra rails to my OBS4 and DBS6.

Since I don't have access to a machine shop, is there any place I can purchase the rails in kit form along with the fasteners and instructions?

Here are a couple of threads on adding racks:

Adding Extra Rack brackets to DBS-4

Complete Updated 6rk Digital .... Dual Elements .. Fan Kit .. 18 racks

I need a second smoker!