My smoking has been shut down by the complex

Started by The542, May 17, 2012, 03:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The542

Letter as follows with complex name removed:

"We have received complaints regarding your grilling on the balcony. We would like to advise you that grilling on anything other than a gas grill is prohibited by Radnor Township and your lease with _____

Therefore, please make sure that any grilling is done on a gas grill only..

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter."

I guess I will be grilling some bradley pucks on the gasser for the foreseeable future and smoking some of the craziest smoke producing cigars.

Then again grudge smoking might not be the answer, I'm still just riled up
BDS4 w/ cold smoke adapter
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

Keymaster

The USA is become the "lets listen to the winers" and give them what they want Country. I feel for yah mister. If its not in your contract their aint sheet thay can do until your contract is up ;)

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

destrouk

I deal with a lot of stratas if its not in the overview of the building they cant do 0 !!! Mine tried that and just listed the strata rules ..they only way they can get a new rule is via a vote and meeting ( its a pain in the arse for them ) u need anymore advice shoot me a PM happy to help !

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

The542

Quote from: Keymaster on May 17, 2012, 04:05:43 PM
The USA is become the "lets listen to the winers" and give them what they want Country. I feel for yah mister. If its not in your contract their aint sheet thay can do until your contract is up ;)

Well said, however, while there is nothing in the contract about "anything other than gas grills," there are multiple clauses about "tenant will do nothing...that will disturb other tenants."

I am afraid they will come after my cigars next. Time to simply bite the bullet and buy a house. I haven't as of yet because of how often my work moves me from place to place. Buying a house (and especially having to sell it in this market) is just impractical)

The only clause concerning grills:
"the use of outdoor grills or cooking outdoors of any kind is prohibited unless Tenant has received Landlord's written permission." Which I have, and does not specify what I use.

Regardless, I'm going to give the Bradley and TBE to my gf's father with rights for me to use at my convenience. They only live 45 min. away.
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

The542

Quote from: destrouk on May 17, 2012, 04:13:08 PM
I deal with a lot of stratas if its not in the overview of the building they cant do 0 !!! Mine tried that and just listed the strata rules ..they only way they can get a new rule is via a vote and meeting ( its a pain in the arse for them ) u need anymore advice shoot me a PM happy to help !

I don't know if this can be disputed:
"Landlord can change or add any rule as needed in Landlord's judgement for the safety, care, maintenance, operation and cleanliness of Tenant's apartment. Tenant agrees that any changes to the rules or additional rules are part of this lease agreement."

The blanket. Now looking for houses.

Two things, I don't want to interfere with other resident's comfort or happiness in this complex. It's beautiful here. I also don't want them to see me defeated and come after my cigars.

The complaining party lives one floor above and always has their screen door open and usually have clothes drying on their balcony. I would have much rather them come to me and work out a schedule, i.e., I smoke in the morning hours when their windows and screen is shut...but oh well.

Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

destrouk

people like to bitch ...... what can you do ..sorry to hear mate

devo

Like you said.......buy a house. Get the housing market going again. It's good for every one. Be the KING of your domain. Build build build you American friends. Buy Canadian lumber ....build build build.......every body will be happy. Even the person living above you.  ;) 

The542

Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

ghost9mm

It's always that 1 % of the people that get to tell the other 99 % what the hell to do, one of the best smells there is, Is something smoking and cooking bbqing...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

The542

Quote from: ghost9mm on May 17, 2012, 06:28:54 PM
It's always that 1 % of the people that get to tell the other 99 % what the hell to do, one of the best smells there is, Is something smoking and cooking bbqing...

With you 100%. This is a temporary setback.
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

RossP

We own a condo and our strata says no gas or briquette grills only electric, so I went and bought and electric and made sure my Bradley was allowed before buying the place. I also make sure that the Strata Council gets some smoked salmon a few times a year along with the owner above us. Now I am thinking of getting a pellet pooper because they are electric. Now just to get it by SWMBO. ;) 
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Wildcat

Well so you can no longer use an electric cooking unit outside. Can you still use your electric stove (assuming it is electric) and the microwave in the kitchen? If so, don't bake or cook anything that might have an odor or you may have to always go out to eat. I would be tempted to burn something everyday on the gasser.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

TedEbear

You can still generate plenty of smoke with a gas grill.  Just make up a few aluminum foil packets with wood chips and some holes in the top.  Set them on your grill, next to the meat you want to smoke and go to it.  Wait until the upstairs residents hang their laundry out to dry before starting this.   ;)