Smokin' full load of Chicken Breast! with Pix!

Started by 4given, June 23, 2012, 06:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4given

Decided to smoke a load of chicken breasts to wrap up and freeze for quick meals during the week!  ;)

Here are some pictures:

15 very large chicked breasts, brined overnight in the fridge, rinsed, dried and ready!

Thought I would try something different........ well different for me anyway I mixed 1 1/2 cups of mayo with 1/2 cup Jan's Rub to coat the chicken with.

All mixed up!

Into the Bradley they go! With 3 hours of smoke! Applewood baby!

Pulled them out when they reached an IT of 165.  We will wrap them and freeze them.  All we need to do when we want to eat them is thaw 'em out and throw them on the grill to warm them and crisp the skin!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

Consooger

best of luck with the mayo, I'm so anti-mayo and anti-cheese it's not even funny. I think I followed a post you had once before with mayo, maybe it wasn't you but it looked good, just not good enough for me to venture into. My childhood with cheese and mayo was a NIGHTMARE!!!!.

Just plain ol' Jan's Rub is all I need.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

KyNola

Those look really good!

Get you some Frogmats brother.  Chicken won't be hanging through your racks and clean up is much easier.

Bryan at Yard and Pool sells them custom sized to the Bradley racks.  www.yardandpool.com   Bryan is a trusted member of this forum and a good guy to boot.

ghost9mm

Yep those do look real good, and what KyNola said about the frogmats...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

4given

Quote from: Consooger on June 23, 2012, 11:17:07 PM
best of luck with the mayo, I'm so anti-mayo and anti-cheese it's not even funny. I think I followed a post you had once before with mayo, maybe it wasn't you but it looked good, just not good enough for me to venture into. My childhood with cheese and mayo was a NIGHTMARE!!!!.

Just plain ol' Jan's Rub is all I need.

Sorry you were traumatized.  I can see you being anti mayo but cheese never hurt anyone!!  ;D

I have been using the mayo to try to seal in the juices. Not sure if I really need to since I am brining.  The mayo is messy. I am probably going to try them without mayo next time and see if there is much different.
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

4given

Quote from: KyNola on June 24, 2012, 06:42:59 AM
Those look really good!

Get you some Frogmats brother.  Chicken won't be hanging through your racks and clean up is much easier.

Bryan at Yard and Pool sells them custom sized to the Bradley racks.  www.yardandpool.com   Bryan is a trusted member of this forum and a good guy to boot.

Frogmats are on my list of gotta haves!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

muebe

Not a mayo fan either. And I never use ketchup :o

As others stated get the frog mats. They are a must when making jerky, fish ect. :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ratherbboating

not a mayo fan either.
I have used mustard as a "binder" for flour or spices.  The mustard taste goes away when you fry or grill.  Just lightly coat the item (fish or chicken).
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

mikecorn.1

Well I like mayo, cheese and ketchup. Ditto on the frogmats. They are a must ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike