2012 Bradley Forum Christmas Exchange I got it thread

Started by Bradley (Head Office), December 02, 2012, 09:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Been watchin and lookin. I think the Forum out did it self this year.

Pat on the back to every one.

The Christmas Exchange on the Bradley Forum has a special place in my heart.

It hasn't worked on most other Forums.

BUT, every one of you that played are "top notch".

Great thought went into these gifts.

Again, Thanks again Gus for the effort you put forth.

No: Roll Tide.

pikeman_95

Gus
A special thanks for a job well done. You da man. We have a great bunch of guys.

beefmann

Shasta bob

Gus great job. its people like you going above and beyond that make this such a great site. Happy Holidays & a Merry Christmas to one and all.!
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Grouperman941

Quote from: GusRobin on December 18, 2012, 06:51:54 PM
AND THEN THERE WAS ONE..... 42  gifts shipped, 41 received. The only one still enroute is for Iceman --guess they are walking it to Alaska. They did tell the sender that it would be later this week that it would arrive. So keep the faith Iceman

Thanks for running this, Gus. Great job.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: GusRobin on December 18, 2012, 06:51:54 PM
AND THEN THERE WAS ONE..... 42  gifts shipped, 41 received. The only one still enroute is for Iceman --guess they are walking it to Alaska. They did tell the sender that it would be later this week that it would arrive. So keep the faith Iceman

Also keep in mind Iceman may be up on the Slope at work. Miss Ann might get all the sweets out of the box before he get's back!! I wouldn't blame her after all she has to put up with Him when he does show up!! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

HEY! I heard that Chris  >:(  ;D
Yes, I'm stuck up north til the first. Looking forward to getting back and opening the present. 
I will post pics asap.
Thanks again Gus for all the work my friend.

GusRobin

Iceman - when the package shows up can you have Miss Ann let you know and let us know. Thanks
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

PapaC

It was a pleasure to be part of this this year. You all really fulfill the "More blessed to give than to receive" philosophy. A special thanks to you Gus, since I was your recipient, and for overseeing the whole thing as well. A merry Christmas to all of you and a blessed new year. Health and Happiness to all,

Carl
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

standles

Gus:

Thanks for allowing yourself to be duped volunteering to run the event this year.   It went off great and I am sure there were hair pulling sessions we did not even witness.   Your willingness to ensure this event went off is commendable.  Thank you for the joy you helped spread this Christmas Season.

To the participants..   Many thanks for you great gifts all and the camaraderie that exists here on this site.   I don't know what instills that here because I have not found it on any other board.   I hope it never goes away.

Merry Christmas to all and God Bless you everyone.

Steven

iceman

Quote from: GusRobin on December 19, 2012, 10:58:23 AM
Iceman - when the package shows up can you have Miss Ann let you know and let us know. Thanks

Will do  :)

iceman

Great news !!!
Just talked to Ann and she said we received a wonderful package of goodies from Schmidty.
Thanks buddy for all the great spices. You hit the nail on the head my friend!
Can't wait to get home and try them out.  :)
Thanks Rob! Hope you and the family have a fantastic holiday.
I'll get some pics posted ASAP when I get back home.
Take care everyone and enjoy the holidays.

GusRobin

THAT"S A WRAP –or should I say "unwrap" .  All 42 of us have received our gift.

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. There were a lot of good gifts out there.
Lessons learned:
1)   Make sure you adequately protect any glass items that you send via USPS. Seems like we had a high casualty rate this year.
2)   Some of us have a difficult time understanding directions.
3)   I had fun doing this and will probably be willing to do it next year also. 
4)   Next year I think I will charge $10 to participate. When you PM me that you sent your gift, you get $5 back. When you PM that you received your gift, you get the other $5 back. Call it the "Incentive Program" : ) (just kidding)
5)   The Mayans calendar didn't end because it was going to be the end of the world, they just laid off the calendar makers.

So to close I will paraphrase the ending of that favorite seasonal poem:
" I would like to proclaim to all members of this site
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night"

Or the one I like:

"I heard him exclaim as he went out the side
Merry Christmas to all and to all a—" Roll Tide "

Be safe all
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SiFumar

Thanks for all the work you did putting this together Gus!  It was a really great showing!  It was fun to see all the wonderful gifts!

Consooger

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife