Pulled Pork Enchiladas with my successful smoked butts!

Started by pjplovedog, January 03, 2014, 08:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjplovedog

Hi
Just wanted to thank everybody for the advice on my pulled pork.  It was excellent.  Tonight I made pulled pork enchiladas out of a portion of the PP.   I am trying to post my photos of that here! 
Here's rolling the PP up in the tortillas

All hot and bubbly from the oven

and now on my plate with beans.  Also not shown was the salsa, guacamole, and other garnishes.  It was most excellent. 

Everybody loved them and I made two pans for another meal later! 
PJP

ragweed

tailfeathers

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

pz

I love Mexican food, which is my favorite ethnic. Could be just the photograph, but your tortillas don't look like the typical store-bought variety.

Enchiladas look very tasty
My online cookbook: good food & friends

pjplovedog

Quote from: pz on January 03, 2014, 10:17:46 PM
I love Mexican food, which is my favorite ethnic. Could be just the photograph, but your tortillas don't look like the typical store-bought variety.

Enchiladas look very tasty
Good Eye, They are not your typical store bought tortillas.  They are Maria & Ricardo's brand.  They are more soft and moist to start with, so they don't require frying before the enchiladas are rolled.  I just warm them with a bit of Pam spray in the oven, then I roll the enchies and  broil them to get the a bit crisp and brown on the tortilla before saucing and adding the cheese and then back into the oven to bake.  They perform really well and don't turn to mush, etc. It's a good product. 

They were excellent.  A good way to use second night PP.  I had a 9 pounder to smoke and there are only 2-3 of us on any given night so I have a lot of it portioned out and vac packed to use for a variety of dishes. 
Thanks!

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

UncleAl

TedEbear

Heck, I'd be tempted to come over and shovel your driveway for some of that.   :)

NorthShoreMN

Another added to my to-do list. So far the list should Carry me out to about 2020 I'd i do three
Suggested dinners a week.
Looks delicious
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

beefmann

Saber 4

Those enchiladas look better than most served south of Texas these days.

pjplovedog

Thanks everyone!  I must say they were dang tasty.... The Man wanted to finish off a second pan of them for breakfast this morning, but I had to say "wait"....  cuz I wanna share with one more dinner guest tomorrow.  So I had to make him some homemade sausage and eggs instead. (well the sausage was homemade, I did NOT lay the eggs haha)  That worked!  Phew!
Next time I'll have some smoked cheese to top the PP enchiladas with.  That should even take it to another level, I hope. 
:)

Northern_Smoke

Those do look delicious. I have always ordered Enchiladas when we go out to eat but have. Ever made them at home. After seeing your post you have me thinking :)
Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

WoodlawnSmoker

Wow, they look great.  You've got me thinking fajitas after I make these enchiliadas.

pjplovedog

Quote from: Northern_Smoke on January 04, 2014, 04:44:18 PM
Those do look delicious. I have always ordered Enchiladas when we go out to eat but have. Ever made them at home. After seeing your post you have me thinking :)
They're not hard to make, really.  I find that starting with a good soft and pliable corn tortilla really makes it better vs. the drier, stiffer ones.  The dry tend to be more finicky. 
I make my own enchilada sauce, but in a pinch I have found the Hatch Red Enchilada sauce to be an okay canned product if you're not into making the sauce. 
I doctored up the pulled pork that I used with cumin, oregano, onion, garlic, tomato paste, chili powder, hot sauce, a little worcestershire, etc to make it Mexi flavored. 
Then I roll them up into softened tortillas with some cheese, pan them and stick them under the broiler quickly to crisp the tortillas on top, then put on the sauce and cheeses.  Cilantro on top after they come out of the oven when bubbly hot.  Usually 350* for 30 minutes or so.
I've done the same with leftover smoked chicken as well and it's a hit, although the pork is over the top, according to my eaters.