Smoker Site to go down for good on 03/01/2014

Started by Oldman, January 16, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

A service provider that supports SMF is the best thing here then porting would be easy. Just a thought. Thanks Old & Hib for all the work they have done.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Cyber Dude

Hab told me about the topic going on here and had to come by and sound off.  Raye and I have been friends for... God... forever.  He and I have had some downs but a lot more ups.  In the recent years, he has donated his time, money and efforts to everyone in order to provide a neutral place for recipes and what not.  I am particularly grateful to how he and I have grown between the two of us. 

With this said, I have been working on moving the site now for a while with the knowledge that it would not be continuing under Raye.  New software has been in test and I have some kinks to work out, but I will let everyone know now that the site will continue.  Hab has reached out to me on this because he did not know I was already working on it and I will be working with him and possibly others to continue offering what I call a gift to everyone here that Raye has been providing.  More details will come on this. 

I wish wellness for you, Raye.  I wish happiness for you and that lovely wife of yours.  I am sure I can say we all wish the best for you.  Now, get busy and start beating whatever is ailing you!

-Trey

Tiny Tim

Habanero Smoker

Trey;

Thanks for hosting the recipe site. It is definitely a gift that keeps on giving.

Habs

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

That is awesome news Trey, and very generous of you as well!  8)

Thanks to Raye and Habs for all the work that they have put into this over the years too. But most importantly Raye, I hope you get felling better, You have a whole slew of people here pulling for you!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

That is wonderful news Trey. I personally want to thank you for all that you, Habs, and Raye have done in the past, now, and the future. Let us know if you need any help or support and I am positive that those of us who can - will.

Rick
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

ragweed

X2  That indeed is great news!  Thank you, thank you!!

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

beefmann

tailfeathers

Been on lots of forums in my time but NEVER one like this. Blows me away! Just when you think it couldn't get better it somehow manages to. What a wonderful bunch of people. I'm honored to be able to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Saber 4

tskeeter

Trey, your efforts are very much appreciated.

RedJada

Great news for sure. Let us know if any help/funding is needed.

OldHickory

That's good news from Trey.  Hab's and Raye, many thanks to you both for the great work you have done over the years.  I can only send my best wishes to Raye and hope he improves with whatever health problem he has. I too am in for whatever financial problem we have.  This is a wonderful site I have used over the years and sure wouldn't want to lose it.  Good luck Trey, I am sure you have all our support.   
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

UncleAl

Thank you Olds for all you have done, thank you Trey for continuing the great work that Olds & Habs has created. Thank you everyone for this wonderful forum that has taught so many newbies like me so much.