Smoker Site to go down for good on 03/01/2014

Started by Oldman, January 16, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaC

Well, I'm not a old timer here by any means, and I'm a day late and a dollar short on this thread, but I wish to thank those responsible for the recipe site, and pledge my support to those willing to carry it on. As I am extremely ignorant when it comes to internet technology I'm afraid I have nothing more to offer by way of hosting suggestions, so I'm grateful, and hopeful to any who can carry it on. My first impression while reading this was, "Oh God, this is going to cost a whole forest in trees, cause I'm gonna print out all the recipes I think I will use"! I have very recently enjoyed home cured bacon, and pastrami that were prepared from recipes I took from it,and certainly will be using many more. So to borrow a phrase we've been using here in Seahawks country lately- I'm in!
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

beefmann

I was  thinking there  may be another way of approaching this  if it  is agreeable to  every  one, There is a  site called  " Key Ingredient " where people can  post there own recipes, mark them as  friends, then add followers which is done through adding in  e mail addresses. This way any  one who wants to contribute  they can  link to  who they want and have a  way  to  find  more  recipes to there  linking.

a  basic  membership is free, a  prime account  is $ 20.00 a  year. plus there are  apps for i pad and google. Also i think there is one for  windows as well as  logging onto it   online

watchdog56

Thank you OLds for all that wondering information you have been able to pass on. We appreciate your hard work and $$ spent without asking for anything in return.

Thank you Trey for taking on this great task.
If you need any help don't be afraid to ask. Many of us will do what we can.

hutcho

Quote from: beefmann on January 21, 2014, 07:06:59 AM
I was  thinking there  may be another way of approaching this  if it  is agreeable to  every  one, There is a  site called  " Key Ingredient " where people can  post there own recipes, mark them as  friends, then add followers which is done through adding in  e mail addresses. This way any  one who wants to contribute  they can  link to  who they want and have a  way  to  find  more  recipes to there  linking.

a  basic  membership is free, a  prime account  is $ 20.00 a  year. plus there are  apps for i pad and google. Also i think there is one for  windows as well as  logging onto it   online

Coming from someone that uses there smartphone for all Internet purposes I really like that idea! Nothing wrong with the recipe site as is, but in app version would be nicer to read I am sure.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

hutcho

Can I still get signed up over there?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Habanero Smoker

Yes! You can still signup. If you have a free email service that will not let you register, use the contact link at the bottom of the forum and send the webmaster (Trey) an email. Trey will get back to you. He is a little busy at this time, but he will reply.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Cyber Dude

Update:

I have moved the site to my server and am in the process of testing.  If all goes well, it will be back up by the end of the night.  This, of course, is assuming that there are no issues.

Saber 4

Quote from: Cyber Dude on February 02, 2014, 11:22:30 AM
Update:

I have moved the site to my server and am in the process of testing.  If all goes well, it will be back up by the end of the night.  This, of course, is assuming that there are no issues.

Thank you for all your hard work and willingness to continue the site. :)

KyNola

ragweed

RedJada

Thanks Cyber Dude, tried to go to the site today and saw the message. Thanks for the update. Still a bunch of people here willing to help with funding including my self. Without old's, we would have nothing... Thanks again

Cyber Dude

Things are looking good at this point and the site is online again. 

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.