Smoker Site to go down for good on 03/01/2014

Started by Oldman, January 16, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthShoreMN

Not working this morning on IPad w OS 7.0.4.  Did work yesterday when I tried it. Safari can not find server, also same cannot find server on google
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

TNRockyraccoon

Gafala

Quote from: Cyber Dude on February 03, 2014, 03:52:38 AM
If it is still not working for you, and assuming you are using a Windows PC, try the following...

• Close all browsers
  • Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt
  • When the DOS window opens, type: ipconfig /flushdns
  • Close the DOS window and try again.

The command on my laptops gives me this "Needs Elevation"

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Ka Honu

If it is still not working for you, and assuming you are using a Windows PC, try the following...

• Close all browsers

Didn't work here on Windows 7 Pro with Firefox, Chrome or MSIE.

TedEbear

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 04, 2014, 02:07:05 AMI still have one machine still running XP Pro with IE 8. I can log on to the site with IE 8, but have not tried Firefox.

Have you tried the browser's tools to clear the history/cache? In IE 8, when you go to delete the history un-check the "Preserve Favorites website data box". Just note that you will loose all your cookies.

I tried that just now with IE8 in addition to the previous suggestion the other day.  It still will not connect to the recipe site.  I even tried to access it from work earlier this morning on a Windows 7 based PC that I had never used before.  Same result.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: TedEbear on February 04, 2014, 01:22:08 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 04, 2014, 02:07:05 AMI still have one machine still running XP Pro with IE 8. I can log on to the site with IE 8, but have not tried Firefox.

Have you tried the browser's tools to clear the history/cache? In IE 8, when you go to delete the history un-check the "Preserve Favorites website data box". Just note that you will loose all your cookies.

I tried that just now with IE8 in addition to the previous suggestion the other day.  It still will not connect to the recipe site.  I even tried to access it from work earlier this morning on a Windows 7 based PC that I had never used before.  Same result.

I'm sure Trey will come up with a solutions soon. I did a google search "Cannot connect to a certain website"; and the possible causes are numerous.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Gafala on February 04, 2014, 12:22:37 PM

• Close all browsers

Same result for me.  Google Chrome browser, and Vista OS.

RedJada

Quote from: RedJada on February 03, 2014, 02:43:23 AM
Working here. Thanks

Not working now. MAC OS 10.9.1, Fire fox 24.0. But I'm sure bugs are still being worked out.

pz

Quote from: Gafala on February 04, 2014, 12:22:37 PM

• Close all browsers

This Windows message typically means that you need to log in as an administrator - essentially it means that elevated permissions are required to complete the task you are requesting.

I attempted to retrieve the DNS records for the site, and while the hosting services name servers can be resolved, the records cannot, resulting in address failure.  Because this is not occurring for everyone, it is possible that the domain name has not been propagated to all worldwide name servers yet.
My online cookbook: good food & friends

Wildcat

I got there the other day but not today. I suspect that Trey is working on it.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

squirtthecat

Cyber Dude

From a command prompt (again, Windows guy here), type the following:

ping susanminor.org

If you get an IP address other than 66.7.194.3, then your device is holding onto the old site address for some reason. 

RedJada

Quote from: Cyber Dude on February 05, 2014, 02:22:14 PM

ping susanminor.org

If you get an IP address other than 66.7.194.3, then your device is holding onto the old site address for some reason.

Looked at the IP quoted. Takes me here. http://66.7.194.3/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi.

Patients everyone, I'm sure things will get fixed soon.

renoman

I am having no trouble getting the site. Windows 7, Google Chrome.

TedEbear

Quote from: Cyber Dude on February 05, 2014, 02:22:14 PM

ping susanminor.org

Just tried it.  Mine didn't return any IP address. It just said something about not being able to find host susanminor.org.  No joy from work yesterday, either.  That one is connected to a totally different server and I tried it from a PC that I'd never used before.