First 3-2-1 Ribs

Started by waycoolcat, June 11, 2014, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waycoolcat

This is my first 3-2-1 ribs. I had one baby back and one St. Louis style. This picture is after 3 hours of pecan smoke.

I put them in pans with apple juice and covered them with foil and put them back for two more hours. Then I glazed them and put them back one more hour.

Here they are moist, tender with good bark served.

I want to be a better carnivore!

watchdog56

CoreyMac

Very nice, I think I'm going to try pans next time also.

Corey

tailfeathers

Looks like my kind of meal!!Nice work.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

waycoolcat

The baked beans are from the Food Network site, "Once and Future Beans", from Alton Brown. They are from dry beans cooked at 250* slow for eight hours. They were tender and savory, not overly sweet. So far, the best from scratch baked beans I've made.

TedEbear

Very good looking ribs.  What chamber temp did you cook them at?

waycoolcat

I tried to keep it around 240*F

manfromplaid

nice job on those ribs. baked beans are the best side for ribs imo.

pjplovedog

Nice job on the ribs and beans.  That looks like a fabulous baked bean recipe.  I have one that is very similar only it has burnt ends or pulled pork bark instead of bacon.  I am sure they all are fabulous!
Thanks for posting.
:)

WoodlawnSmoker

The ribs look great, nice feast.  I looked up the bean recipe, it looks excellent, I'm going to try it this weekend.  I've got some pulled pork and bacon ends that will be perfect in this.

TedEbear

Quote from: waycoolcat on June 12, 2014, 07:02:07 AM
The baked beans are from the Food Network site, "Once and Future Beans", from Alton Brown. They are from dry beans cooked at 250* slow for eight hours. They were tender and savory, not overly sweet. So far, the best from scratch baked beans I've made.

I'm going to give this one a try.  We have some friends visiting from the "Land Down Under" and will be staying for about a month.  I want to see if I can bedazzle them with some brisket, ribs and whatever else I can come up with.  The bean recipe sounds like it will help.

The Once and Future Beans

waycoolcat

TedEbear, I hope you like the recipe. I would have put in a hyperlink but I didn't know how. I searched the forum for a "how to", and ironically you explained it to someone back in 2012. I'm going to try to post the link again just so I know how in the future.

The Once and Future Beans

waycoolcat

Here was TedEbears explanation I used successfully if anyone else wants to use hyperlinks in the forum copied from the original post.

Copy the URL address (http://www.deltameat.com/delta.pdf) into your clipboard.  Next, in your message highlight the word(s) that you want to make into a hyperlink.  Click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button.  It's the one right below the "I" button that you see when you're creating a message.

The result will look something like this: {url]Click Here[/url]

Place your cursor at the end of the first "url" but before the "]" bracket, add an equal sign "=" and paste the URL right after it that is in the clipboard memory.

It will then look like this: {url=http://www.deltameat.com/delta.pdf]Click Here[/url].

If you click on "Preview" it should show up in your preview screen as a highlighted Click Here.  Not a necessary step but you can check it this way before posting the message to see that it worked.

TedEbear

It looks like you have it.  I forgot I'd posted that hyperlink guide a few years ago.  Thanks for the bean recipe idea.   :)

WoodlawnSmoker

Well I was going to cook these beans over night tonight but decided to start them this morning.  I'm about 6 hours in and the smell is terrific.

Waycoolcat, if you don't mind I'd like to open a new thread about this recipe.  I'll give you full credit for bringing it to the forum but I'd like to document it so I can easily search for the recipe in the future.  I tweaked it just a bit but I can already tell it's going to be a winner.