An unwanted guest -- ERNESTO

Started by Oldman, August 27, 2006, 12:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well by Tuesday I will be totally ready; however, I'm not looking forward to Ernesto. No matter where he goes someone will end up paying. If he comes in any where North of us for 80 miles or so he will blow the bay up like a balloon, and the tidel surge will get us, as we are only  17 feet above sea level. South of us and he will empty the bay.

EDIT:

He is tracking just like Charley which originally was to come in just where Ernesto is tracking. In this image at the orange dot is where in a two hour period Charley went from a Cat 2 to a Cat 4 storm and turn suddenly to the right.  Charley was the third or forth costliest hurricane in United States history --$15.4 billion. Charley was so big he just about covered the entire state of Florida.

Here is wishing everyone in the Gulf States that he petters out and become a Tropical Storm. Our only chance is that he slows over Cuba (not wishing them any bad luck) and breaks up. However, I doubt it.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

asa

Good luck Olds - we'll be tracking it along with you.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Oldman

Thank you! Between my mother with bad legs, my wife with bad feet and my handicaped dog I don't know at times to spit or go blind.....

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

Things can change but the 5-day is now on track to be another Charley for sure. That is good for me, but I feel for those folks as hundreds of homes still have blue tarps for roofs.

For the past few days we have had a strong wind from the gulf and with that wind some nasty T-storms. If that pressure system in the Gulf holds then the track as shown below will hold true. If it weakens then only the good Lord will know where this one will make land fall.

Oldman

It has turn even more. At this rate if it continues Ernesto my turn and miss the Continent all together.

icerat4

Hey olds guess what.By the looks of the map .Your my dads nieghbor .He lives in ocala.W ell not real close but in the same ballpark. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Oldman

QuoteHe lives in ocala.W ell not real close but in the same ballpark.
Ya that is a good couple of hours away.  In 2004 Ocala got hit hard if I remember correctly. With so many storms it is hard to keep up with which one went where.

The Gulf states need a break this year. Just too many homes that still have blue tarps for roofs yet.

iceman

Quote from: Oldman on August 28, 2006, 07:24:02 AM
It has turn even more. At this rate if it continues Ernesto my turn and miss the Continent all together.
Hope Ernesto aims as bad as I do and misses you by miles and miles Old's. Hang in there and best wishes for you and family. ;)

Habanero Smoker

Hopefully it will head out into the Alantic and loose some of it's "steam".

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

Olds you and my dad need to start cranking.Take cover and take care.Good luck :)

Just another weekend with the smoker...

winemakers

Olds,

In the silver lining catagory, think of all the cool new toys you get to play with!

shoot straight, and good luck.

mld

Oldman

Good News,

It has made landfall but is only a TS with winds of 45 mph.

An update. Instead of picking up 5 -6 30 gallon drums for water I got from a boat salvage yard an unused 167 gallon fresh water tank. Yesterday I picked up a hand pump for it.

Habanero Smoker

Is the rainfall going to cause any damage in your area?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteIt has made landfall but is only a TS with winds of 45 mph.

That is good news, still breezy but well short of hurricane force. I would imagine that you are probably better prepared than most Olds judging from past posts?
Manxman

Oldman

From where it went in at and from its direction at the moment there is no wind or rain here. There is not even a slight breeze. Clouds yes.

Maybe later in the day we might get wet, but not at the moment. If fact we have had so much rain up until today the ground is wet, and 4 inches down it is sand to boot~~!