Indoor Smoking - I mean in your kitchen!

Started by Skipystu, February 16, 2007, 11:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote

Hey Skipystu ,
               Sounds like fun. Owrstrich is the worlds foremost top dog in this arena ...Like I always
say trial and error will make you a believer.
               I'm not sure if I'll ever run my OBS in my kitchen , but I'm pretty sure I'd be willing to
try it in my neighbors kitchen. ;D
                                                                Good luck Skipystu....send pictures

Coyote
p.s. welcome aboard Skipystu

NePaSmoKer

Oh Cr@pp now i am really going to be in hot water when i do the range hood set up. Better make plans for a new dawg house  :o

nepas

LilSmoker

Hi Skipystu, maybe you should become a roady for owrstrich, he's the main man at indoor smoking dept.

For now you could put the BS outside, on a small bench, or some folding tressles?, at least it would be out of the snow, or is the snow really too deep for this?  ???
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

psychicseer

I can see an outdoor rubbermaid shed, as, I know a man who used a vinyl flower tower greenhouse and it worked well. I had thought it might melt with heat, however a very experienced person with smoking told me, with this smoker, the temperatures do not reach such high temperatures that it will really melt anything if there is a reasonable hight between chimney and roof of shed.

Another suggestion would be a vent similar to a pellet or wood burning stove?  I do not know about a fan though.  you wouldnt want to pull the smoke out of the unit to fast either.

Toker

I do smoke in my kitchen. I use a dryer hose to hide to hole on top of the OBS and i vent it through my window with a duct fan, no smoke, unless i miss something here. Is there anything i should be aware that I'm not? There never been any fire outside so i don't see why there would be one inside. Anyway never heat the smoker hotter than 225 max so i don't see any danger.

Quarlow

Don't get your panties wrinkled toker. You are ok. Just don't let your bowl go dry with something really greasy in the smoker.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Toker

OK i really thought i was doing something dangerous. THX for getting me more safe.  :D anyway it is easier smoking inside I'm in wheelchair, this way, it avoid me the runs in and out and the winters temps will be warmer inside too.  ;D

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do Toker.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Toker

It makes my life so easier this way, still wonder why i waited so long before doing it. :D

KyNola

Toker,
Knock yourself out guy.  Sounds like it works just fine for you.  My wife of 35 years would frown on it though.

Anybody besides me find it peculiar that a person's very first post on the forum would be on a thread that is over 3 years old?

Things that make you go hmmm. ;)

Toker

Sorry KyNola i don't understand. Can you explain me more sorry english is not my 1st language.

Tenpoint5

Toker'
Kynola was referring to physicseer posting for the first time. It was not about your posting.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Toker

Funny cause my very 1st post was actually this question.  :D i just don't understand everyone's fear about it. Just vent it outside with a fan and you'll be OK.

Tenpoint5

Not everyone enjoys the smell of smoke in their kitchen. That's what they are most afraid of. The risk of fire is also always in he back of their mind.