Funny story of the day

Started by icerat4, March 22, 2007, 10:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dman4505

I don't see any pumpkins

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

TedEbear

I've heard of having a store close to the tracks but this is a bit overboard. It's only a 30-second video.  Watch what happens near the end. I just hope they know the train schedules.   ;D

How close to a train track can you set up a vegetable market?

JZ

Holy crap that's crazy :o but I guess you do what you have to. 

I sure wouldn't want any of those veggies since they are covered in anything that falls off the train. Be even worse on a rainy day when the undercarriage gets sprayed.

3rensho

Wonder what happens when someone in the train flushes the loo as they go over the vegies  :-\
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

rdevous

The difference between Finish and Complete.

Finished and Complete: No English dictionary has been able to explain adequately the difference between the two words.

In a recently held linguistic competition in London, England attended by the best in the world, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese man from Bachelors Adventure, was the clear winner with a standing ovation lasting over 5 minutes.

Here is his answer which made him receive an invitation to dine with the Queen who decided to call him after the contest. He won a trip to travel the world in style and a case of 25 year old Eldorado rum for his answer.

His final question was this.... How to explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand. Some people say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED.

Here is his astute answer ....

When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE. And when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED.

And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

OU812

Some men in a pickup truck drove to a lumberyard. One of the men walked into the office and said, "We need some four-by-twos."

The clerk asked, "You mean two-by-fours, don't you?"

The man said, "I'll go check," and went back to the truck.

He returned shortly and said, "Yeah, I meant two-by-fours."

"All right. How long do you need them?"

The customer paused for a moment and said, "I'd better go check."

After a while he returned to the office and said, "A long time. We're going to build a house."

rdevous

"Here's your sign!"

Ray

Salmonsmoker

Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

rdevous

Hostess Bakery plants shut down Friday due to a workers' strike.
It was split up.
The State Department hired all the Twinkies.
The Secret Service hired all the HoHos.
The generals are sleeping with the Cupcakes.
The voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress.

Ray

rdevous

An old man was asked, "At your ripe old age, what would you prefer to get Parkinson's or Alzheimer's?"

The wise one answered, "Definitely Parkinson's.  Better to spill half an ounce of whiskey, than to forget where you keep the bottle!!"

Ray

SiFumar

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.