Topic changed.. first smoke Hungry......?

Started by mrdennisg, September 30, 2004, 09:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsxbill

Here is a site to post up pictures.  It is free.  http://photobucket.com/

Regards,

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

Let's see. C'mon, c'mon please![8D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Bassman

c'mon don't be shy[:)]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

mrdennisg

Chompin at the bits and rarin 2 go.........

and then my hot water tank exploded in my rv glad the laptop was on my lap and not the floor.
anyway goin to campin world and will get it on in a few days.
[:)]

Oldman

If you need to post a few pics you can send then to me. I will host it for you. Send the highest quality ones you have. I have editing software.  

([email protected])  No (  ) of course.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

mrdennisg

thank u check yer mail hope these are good enogh my camer is not with me to take more

mrdennisg

well I have a lot of images but my a drive is shot and they are all on flopy. I have a elect, element in the bottom and will be mounting a control panel on the top with a plug-in for the smoke generator.
I salvaged a home amana range, using the thermostat and sensor, and element.

Also will be insulating the whole unit with insulation I bought for an oven. The outside will be skinned with metal which will be painted black. front door is insulated and is stainless.
my inspiration

Oldman

Got your pictures. Any time you need to have some hosted just sending them by way. I've edited them so they will load faster for dialups and yet the quality is still there. Both total only 47KB! (I did have to lighten' up the front one a little. If I had any more it would have looked washed out.)

I was talking with a friend a while back (he is now in Iraq [:(] ) about doing one with a used food warmer.  With the Bradley generator it is a win, win!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

mrdennisg

WOW thanks a lot for hosting these as u can see mine were a bit small [:)][:)]If i get the others up loaded you can see all I have left is the skin and insulation

Sure hope someone could give me any advice you have for the chimmney.

Oldman

There are a few way you could make a  smoker's vent--damper. However, I believe the best way is to go to yard sales. Look for a small beat up grill (like a webber style) and purchase it for the vent on its top.  

Or better yet, I bet Chez ole boy could order you in the stainless steel that is used on the Bradley.  Here is his E-mail address ([email protected]) give him a shout.
Olds

mrdennisg

What would be a good way to put an actual chimmney off the side that will extend up a foot above top of unit?
The reason I ask is I need to add an extension to extend the smoke up above the motorhome when I am at the beach.[:I]

MallardWacker

This may sound crazy, if you want a side vent, you might want to order just the generator "side plate" for the oposite top side and rig you up a vent with that.  Looks like it be nice, matching and clean looking.  If you want to find out what will happen if you don't put in a vent, go to the <font color="red"><s>cookshack</s></font id="red"> forum and do a search "black goo" "black goop" "black stuff" and "rubbery chicken".  Not good.  No joke.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

You could use a stove pipe that is block at the top and use the side flu. I did it that way once. You can set the side flu to allow as much or as little some out as you care to.

whitetailfan

Why are you guys recommending side discharge vents/side flus over a chimney or vent on the top?

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.