Smoked Food Mounting Boards

Started by Amindle, November 28, 2007, 01:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amindle

A 'Bradley Smoker Forum' member just contacted my company after searching and finding us on the web.
A. Mindle & Associates is North America's primary provider of Smoked Food Mounting Boards.  Our main focus is on the industrial smokers.  We also cater to small smoke houses and even individuals who are looking to present their fine smoked foods.

The member who contacted me said that people in this forum were looking for mounting boards to serve, display and/or package their smoked goods.

If anyone is interested feel free to contact me.

La Quinta

OK Amindle...I'll be the first (and maybe only) idiot to ask this question...what exactly is a "smoking board"? I get the concept but can't really picture it in my head?

Tiny Tim

I believe what he/she's selling is those colored (usually gold) pieces of cardboard that some smoked items are packaged on inside a vacuum bag.  I could be wrong though.

Amindle

Yes, Tim got it right.  You commonly find the boards with cold smoked salmon on them in retail stores.  They are actually paperboard that is laminated with gold, silver or black films that are coated with plastic to make them FDA approved for contact with food.

La Quinta

Thanks Amindle...I love to learn new stuff!!! Hey Tiny...you're a smart guy huh???!!! :) :) :)

Wildcat

Bet that made him blush a little!  :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ontrack

Don't worry La Quinta, the only reason I didn't ask was the risk of sounding like an idiot. I figured it was something EVERYONE (but me) knew, so I figured somebody on here would talk about it enough and I would eventually figure it out... ::)

La Quinta

Thanks Ontrack!!! I appreciate the support!!! :) :) :) Hell...at least we know what it is now!!!

Tiny Tim

Well, I wouldn't have known the answer on that, but not long ago, somebody posted a question on where to find those things, and having the mind of an elephant (with the body to match), I decided to show off a little. ;D ;D :D

iceman

Quote from: La Quinta on November 28, 2007, 06:52:12 PM
Thanks Ontrack!!! I appreciate the support!!! :) :) :) Hell...at least we know what it is now!!!

Hey pick me!!! I knew the answer :D :D :D No really I did. ;)
Anyhow Amindle do you also carry the gold foil back vacum seal bags? I'm almost out and Ak Butcher supply no longer carries them.

standles

I guess I was the only one that was thinking of mounting that nice side of bacon I made next to the ducks and deer mount on my wall.   ::)

Steven

LilSmoker

I use the boards mainly for hot or cold smoked fish, i've found that using them helps the food keep it's shape after being sort of crushed by the vacuum process.

Plust the fact i often hand out some Bradley goodies to friends and family, so the board make a nicer presentation

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Amindle;

Welcome to the forum. I want to thank you for making this offer available to the forum members. I know I will be contacting you soon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

whitetailfan

Quote from: standles on November 29, 2007, 10:43:49 AM
I guess I was the only one that was thinking of mounting that nice side of bacon I made next to the ducks and deer mount on my wall.
Nope, I was thinking the same thing.....what the heck are they talking about.
I mount the deer horns and smoke the meat, never thought to mount a piece of jerky before.
LOL

::)
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

iceman

Hey guys, don't let O see this topic or he's likely to mount one of his jerky droppings to a 4 by 8 sheet of plywood!!!  :D ;)