Superbowl Menu?

Started by Consiglieri, January 19, 2009, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

In honor of the Steeler's anticipated victory, I'm planning on some food for the game party.  Don't know yet whether we'll be here, or visiting friends, but here's the tentative game plan.  Look forward to seeing some suggestions from the Bradley family:

1.  Hab's pastrami, steamed version.   http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=5946.0;topicseen  Hab's pastrami is hard to beat and the steamed variety stays moister (IMO) than the fully smoked version.  At least when I'm doing the cooking.  I'll probably carve and throw the meat into the crock pot with a splash of diluted broth so that people can make sandwiches throughout the game.  Fresh sliced sour dough and rye, sliced Swiss, and a variety of mustards.

2.  A variety of babybacks.  Will do the typical sweet hot rub and Ice sauce, but also some garlic rubbed mustard glazed, and one other type.

3.  Some ABTs time permitting.

4.  Nepa's Olive Penquins.  I'm going to see if I can find something yellow (pickled pepper) to be a Steeler colored scarf.

Hoping for a good game and a Steeler win.

Cheers.
Consiglieri. 
Consiglieri

Smokin Soon

Mine's gotta be Wings, ABT's and a couple of fattys! If my friends provide, some bacon wrapped scallops. Sliced fattys with those little party rye bread go really fast!

Mr Walleye

Looks great Consig!  8)

What time and where?  :D

I've been on a rib kick lately and I've been looking for a good Smoked Asian style recipe to try. I haven't found one yet but I just thought I would throw that into the mix seeing in how you left one version of ribs open.

One thing for sure... you can never go wrong with wings.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

The menu sounds great, Sigs!

Me?  I'm gonna be too nervous to eat.  But, not quite sure what I'll provide for la familia.

Probably marinade some Cardinal breast, maybe hot cardinal wings.........I'm hoping both the Steelers and I will be providing cardinal fricassie on that day  ;) ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Gizmo on January 19, 2009, 09:43:27 PM
Korean or Pacific Rim?

I would try eitherand probably both Giz!

I'm assuming the Pacific Rim would have more heat???

Mike

Mr Walleye

Thanks Marc.

They certainly do give me some ideas. I will have to do some experimenting for sure!  ;)

Mike

HCT

Thanks for the links SD.

I'm going cross country to get a taste of ya all's viddles. Hmmmmm, hope I can borrow Air Force 1. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Consiglieri

Mike:  Paul Kirk has several Asian style rib recipes.  I have not tried these recipes because I like the others a lot.  Kind of a disincentive.  That said, I haven't tried a bad recipe out of his book and might add some of the Chinese babybacks or the Hoisen ribs to the menu. 
Consiglieri

La Quinta

Consigs....."disincentive"....GOOD WORD.....  :D

Smoking Duck

Mike,

I was looking at a book I have called The Great Ribs Book and they have an entire section devoted to Asian style ribs.  Let me know if any of these titles interest you and I'll type up the recipe for you.

SD

Mahogany Glazed Ribs (More of a classic chinese, sweet and sour with a milder bite)
Ribs with Thai Red Curry Sauce (Thai curries have no resemblance to Indian curries, so don't let that fool you)
Thai Baby Back Ribs
Spicy Ribs in lemongrass-honey glaze (Lemon zest can be substituted if your local store doesn't carry lemongrass)
Spare Ribs with Hoisin-Peanut Butter Rub
Szechuan Fire Ribs
Ribs Rubbed with Asian Pesto
Baby Back Ribs with Spicy Peanut Butter slather
Thai Green Curry Ribs
Tandoori Spareribs

Mr Walleye

Thanks SD

Giz just put me onto that book as well so I just ordered it from amazon.

Thanks for the offer. I figure I might just as well have the book because there might be more interesting things in it.

Mike

Smoking Duck

Giz got you set up pretty good then........it's a good little book that has some rather interesting recipes.  Raichlens book on ribs is good as well.  There's another book called Killer Ribs by Nancy Davidson that I like quite a bit as well.

Marc

Tiny Tim

Well, if I can get a path dug to my smoker shed, I'll be bringing the smoker up here to do some at work smoking while Dad is at home recovering, and I thought the first thing could be a couple of Fatties for the game.  Maybe some ribs late next week to be re-heated around game time.

Would like to get my grill up here too (for finishing the ribs before packaging in serving portions), but I can't load and unload that by myself.

If I get real ambitious, I'll make some bacon wrapped smokies covered in caramelized Brown Sugar.