Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: FLBentRider on March 01, 2009, 06:35:06 PM
Quote from: La Quinta on March 01, 2009, 06:31:33 PM
I don't think that was the quote he was looking for FLBent!!!!   :D  :D  :D

Oh, you mean:

"you gonna eat that, Man ?"

or

"smells like <!!!!>, tastes like <!!!!>, must be <!!!!>, we better not step in it...."

;D ;D ;D ;D

:D  :D  :D

yeah

nepas

La Quinta

I'm gonna go with option "B"....don't even need to buy a vowel!!!  ;D

carnie1

Quote from: FLBentRider on March 01, 2009, 06:35:06 PM
Quote from: La Quinta on March 01, 2009, 06:31:33 PM
I don't think that was the quote he was looking for FLBent!!!!   :D  :D  :D

Oh, you mean:

"you gonna eat that, Man ?"

or

"smells like <!!!!>, tastes like <!!!!>, must be <!!!!>, we better not step in it...."

;D ;D ;D ;D

Man those guys were funny, saw them on a roast not long ago, boy did they get old, Remember the bit with them starting the car? that's one of my favorites

NePaSmoKer

I think the cheese is getting ready to be sliced or cut hahaha  :o

nepas

Tenpoint5

Just picked up a Foodsaver v2440 today for $100. Now to get some cheese and try this 10 day wait thing. Plastic wrap only lasts about 5-7 days
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

Tenpoint, when Yard & Pool stopped selling Vac Bags I started buying from this Ebay seller.
http://stores.ebay.com/FOODSAVER-STORE

The Foodsaver brand bags are a ripoff. You are a hunter, so stock up! Check his prices on quantities that gives you free shipping.
Good quality bags, not one single problem.

Mr Walleye

Good looking price SS!

For anybody in Canada the best price I could find was with Costco online. You can get packages of 100 bags, 8" x 12" for $24.99 This price includes shipping as well. I have tried them and they worked 100% perfect. I was buying they by the roll but I have found it's easier having the pre-made bags plus these are less expensive than any rolls I could find in Canada. Anyway, Here's a link for anybody who's interested.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=10317605&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Roadking

OK, OK. You guys are killing me. Went out this morning and bought some Monterey Jack (plain) and Monterey Jack w/Jalapeno.
Now what do I do to and for how long? Ouch!

westexasmoker

Your in for a treat RK, keep your temp below ninety by running just your SG, fill your bowl with ice a couple of times I've placed another bowl full of ice on the bottom rack.  Worse comes to worse you might have to prop open the door, which is what I usually have to do here in my neck of the woods.  Then apply your choice of smoke, probably not mine  ;D  and go for about 3-4 hours, let rest on the counter vac seal and fridge for at least 10 days (longer just makes it better) which is the hard part!  Hope that helps a little, Good luck and keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Roadking

OK, We're off to start this cheese smoke'n thing going.

Roadking

That cheese does smell pretty nasty when it done. All vac. packed and waiting.

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Roadking

7 days and counting, we open door #1 on Monday. Sure hope it's the right door. Like I said in another thread never did cheese like this.
Everything did go to plan like you guys said. Pulled the plug out of the back of cabinet, smoked for 3 hours, Had 3 pans of ice had to change once each and the temperature never went over 81°.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on March 12, 2009, 08:32:20 AM
7 days and counting, we open door #1 on Monday. Sure hope it's the right door. Like I said in another thread never did cheese like this.
Everything did go to plan like you guys said. Pulled the plug out of the back of cabinet, smoked for 3 hours, Had 3 pans of ice had to change once each and the temperature never went over 81°.

We ate all the cheese i smoked. It was very good.

nepas

West Coast Kansan

It seems that is the way it always goes.  You smoke the cheese. Wait, Wait, wait more... then it gets eatten and is gone...  dang...   :-\

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)