My First Cheese Smoke

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 25, 2009, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Ok this is a first for me. Got some swiss and pepper jack smoked. Also did some pnuts  ;D Got the cheese wrapped and going to age. Dont know how long i can wait  ;D

nepas

Tenpoint5

I can tell you from past experience that I could only wait long enough for the cheese to get cold again before I had a sample. Wait it never got warm!! I need a food sealer it is just two easy to unwrap a block of cheese in plastic wrap. Looks good for a first cheese smoke. If you can wait for atleast 5 days of the 10 you will be rewarded though Nepas
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

Hey Nepas...I go a week before the taste test...listen to me.... I sound like I know what I'm talking about... :D Anyway...I have found 10 days to be even better!! Smoking some Monterey Jack tonight...it's really windy (yeah!!!)...about 65 out...should be ok!!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on February 25, 2009, 06:56:20 PM
Hey Nepas...I go a week before the taste test...listen to me.... I sound like I know what I'm talking about... :D Anyway...I have found 10 days to be even better!! Smoking some Monterey Jack tonight...it's really windy (yeah!!!)...about 65 out...should be ok!!!

Windy and warm  ;D i miss them days cuz its freakin 22* now and a breeze  :-[

Anyways

I think i can hold out 10 days  :o

nepas

Smoking Duck

Looks good, Neepers!  Hold on as long as you can.  I just gave a buddy a block of cheddar I did in November (I had it hidden) and he called me yesterday wanting to know where he could buy some.  Said he took down the entire 1 pound block in one setting. Said the smoke infusion was incredible throughout every bite. I still have a block of horseradish cheese from November waiting in there with my name all over it.  One day when the kids are at school and Momma is at work....I'm taking that bad boy down!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

:o I'm shocked, I would have never guess you were a cheese virgin.  ;D ;D ;D

Looks good.
I'm trying to save some smoked x-sharp NY cheddar to bring to the smokeout along with a couple more goodies. I just have to think of them first.  :D
pens

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on February 26, 2009, 01:59:25 PM
:o I'm shocked, I would have never guess you were a cheese virgin.  ;D ;D ;D

Looks good.
I'm trying to save some smoked x-sharp NY cheddar to bring to the smokeout along with a couple more goodies. I just have to think of them first.  :D
pens

:D  :D pens
I tried to save myself from being a cheese virgin but i just couldn't resist any longer  :D

nepas

Smoking Duck

With cheese, abstinence is not a virtue!  ;D  Jeepers creepers Neepers!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

I was a cheese virgin...and now...well I'm rabid....I'm doing it all the time...  ;D And I want more....

Ka Honu

I think you're now officially a nymphocheesiac

NePaSmoKer

I got the cheese all vac sealed. It was hard not cutting the cheese  :D  :D

nepas

Ka Honu

NePaSmoKer

westexasmoker

Ah yes the waiting period has begun, it'll all be worth it Nepas!  It amazes me that of all the smoking you do this is your first go with cheese!  Be patient grasshopper!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: westexasmoker on February 27, 2009, 10:58:30 AM
Ah yes the waiting period has begun, it'll all be worth it Nepas!  It amazes me that of all the smoking you do this is your first go with cheese!  Be patient grasshopper!   ;D

C

I will be obionewestexasmokercanobi  :D

nepas