Pickled Eggs

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 09, 2009, 10:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

PA Dutch red beet pickled eggs. My wife being from Amish country wanted some.

INGREDIENTS
2 (14 1/2 ounce)cans red beets, sliced
1 cupwhite vinegar
3 Tablespoons sugar
6 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled
1 tsp  pickleing spices (opt)
1 tsp pickleing salt (opt)
1 qt mason jar

DIRECTIONS
Combine red beets, vinegar and sugar, salt, spices in a pan.
Stir and heat just enough to dissolve the sugar and salt.
Add the eggs and liquiid to mason jar and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.

nepas

Roadking

Oh boy, they are going to be good. Can taste then all the way from here. They look beetscrumpous, um um um.  ::)

Habanero Smoker

Here is my recipe.

Hab's Pickled Eggs

I like them more on the sour side, but you can adjust the sugar to your own taste, and use cider vinegar. I could never get used to adding beets, or beet juice. Carnie almost had me doing that. :) I still may try it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Buck36

That is quality deer hunting cabin food. Pickled eggs, pickled bologna, bean soup and draft beer!

I am surprised we shoot anything with that stink!  ;D

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Buck36 on March 10, 2009, 08:08:56 PM
That is quality deer hunting cabin food. Pickled eggs, pickled bologna, bean soup and draft beer!

It's probably because those foods hide the human sent. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Roadking

Quote from: Buck36 on March 10, 2009, 08:08:56 PM

After eating that combination of stuff you'll be shooting inside the cabin and I don't mean with guns.

Where's the room deoderizer? Yo!

Roadking

NEPAS Pickled Eggs
Did these up this morning. No white vinegar on hand (used cider), used 1/4 tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes and left out the onion.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on March 12, 2009, 08:04:59 AM
NEPAS Pickled Eggs
Did these up this morning. No white vinegar on hand (used cider), used 1/4 tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes and left out the onion.

Looks good Roadking

I wanted to use cider vinegar too but didnt have any. I ate a couple eggs today Mmmmmm Mmmmmm good.

nepas

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 12, 2009, 04:22:09 PM

Looks good Roadking

I wanted to use cider vinegar too but didnt have any. I ate a couple eggs today Mmmmmm Mmmmmm good.

nepas
Couldn't help myself and tried 2 already, pretty darn good for only sitting in the pickle for 6 hours. They'll be real good in 5 days.

lumpy

Checkout these bad boys. I've been banned to eat them when my wife is around. Can only eat this on fishing trips or when my bride is out of town. ;D
Lumpy

Roadking

Quote from: lumpy on March 14, 2009, 07:58:06 AM
Checkout these bad boys. I've been banned to eat them when my wife is around. Can only eat this on fishing trips or when my bride is out of town. ;D
Lumpy
They look mighty fine, don't forget the 6-pack to go along with them.   ::)
Mine are never going to make the five days five of them are allready gone. Boy they're good. I need more crushed red pepper in mine.

NePaSmoKer

Lumpy those look good.

Roadking i ate a whole jar already, guess i will be paying for it later if ya know what i mean  :D  ;D

nepas

pensrock

You mean your wife will be paying for it.  ;D ;D

westexasmoker

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 14, 2009, 02:28:21 PM
Lumpy those look good.

Roadking i ate a whole jar already, guess i will be paying for it later if ya know what i mean  :D  ;D

nepas

Danger!  Danger!...Will Robinson!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

QuoteDanger!  Danger!...Will Robinson!

;D ;D ;D