Pickled Eggs

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 09, 2009, 10:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

Like pensrock said your wife will pay. Ouch!   ::)  I feel the pain when she gets even.  :D

Carter

Wow!!

Thanks for all the posts on this.  I'm going to make some of these this afternoon.

Carter

Carter

Hey NePa,

As I said, this was a great post.  I made a batch of your eggs up on Saturday.  Having never boiled an egg in my life.

It truly was a first time through as I ended up losing 3 of the dozen eggs to cracks because I wasn't careful when putting them in the water.  I had egg floaties all through my water.

But I've got 9 pickled now, and I'm giving them their 5 days.  They look great.  I can't wait to try them.

Thanks again.

Carter

Roadking

My wife puts the eggs in the pot, adds cold water and then on the stove. After they boil she lets them cool in the water.

sherlock

Roadking,
Thats what my wife did too. Into the cold water, apply heat & bring to a boil, turn off burner and let sit for 15 minutes. Then peel under running water. Don't ever recall seeing any break. :)

NePaSmoKer

After i boil the eggs i drain the water off and put cold running tap water over them. This creates steam between the shell and the egg and makes for easy pealing.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Carter;

Generally cracked eggs are do to rapid boiling for a lengthy period of time. What happens is the eggs are tossed around, bumping into the side of the pot and each others which causes them to crack.

I agree with the others. Just bring them up to a rolling boil, remove from heat and let stand for about 15 minutes for large and extra large eggs.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 23, 2009, 10:58:27 AM
After i boil the eggs i drain the water off and put cold running tap water over them. This creates steam between the shell and the egg and makes for easy pealing.

nepas
Come to think about, it your right because they peel pretty easy also.

Carter

I know everyone has moved on from this topic by now, but I'm still living it.

These Eggs are AWESOME!!!!

They are about the most addictive things I think I've ever eaten.

Thanks Ne Pas.  This has been a great food experience.

Carter