What to smoke for the game ?

Started by FLBentRider, October 23, 2009, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Last game we did pork butts, the game before that a brisket. Ribs are not on the menu, just had those.

I need something I can FTC for the hour ride to the stadium.

We're going to Sams tomorrow to get a beef roast I am doing for a friend and I will pickup a smoking "target of opportunity" that will become the tailgate meal.

I'm leaning toward another brisket.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

How bout a full pork loin cut in thirds, slathered with some CYM then rubbed with your fave pork rub and cooked to 140 F  FTC till you get to the game then cut into steaks when the other fixens are ready

Tenpoint5

Roast Beef Sammies on a hoagie bun. If you have the grill you can make them into Philly Cheese steaks frying down some onions and peppers add the old cheese whiz and your set.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

How about buying a corned brisket and making pastrami?  I'm thinking that is on my agenda for tomorrow or Sunday.

Gonna be a great game, Saints vs Dolphins!

Good luck FLBR but you know I'll be pulling for the Saints.

KyNola

FLBentRider

Quote from: KyNola on October 23, 2009, 10:30:41 AM
Good luck FLBR but you know I'll be pulling for the Saints.

I would expect nothing less.

We had our chance(s) to get Brees - snoozed on them both!

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

The wildcat offense will confuse the Saints defense I'm pretty sure.

Looking forward to it.  Hoping I'll get to watch it live.  Rare to see the Saints live up here in KY but I've found a website that streams live football coverage for free and from time to time they cover a Saints game.

KyNola

pensrock

FLB, wings are always a hit, add some ABT's and mooink balls, some tater salad and your good to go.

OH.... do not forget the adult beverages.  ;) ;D

FLBentRider

Here is what I ended up with:

It just went in with 4 hours of Oak.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pensrock

Thats a good looking piece of meat there. Gonna be very tasty.  :)

classicrockgriller

Looks good FBR, Do the Dolphins play all home games?

KyNola

I know that's going to be very tasty.  I'll bet your fellow tailgaters can't wait to see what you bring every week.

I just rubbed a corned beef brisket with pastrami rub.. Gonna smoke that boy tomorrow.

Have fun at the game tomorrow.  I promise you will be on my mind.  Hoist one for me tomorrow even though I am a Saints fan stuck in Kentucky.

KyNola

FLBentRider

Quote from: KyNola on October 24, 2009, 01:09:41 PM
I know that's going to be very tasty.  I'll bet your fellow tailgaters can't wait to see what you bring every week.

I just rubbed a corned beef brisket with pastrami rub.. Gonna smoke that boy tomorrow.

Have fun at the game tomorrow.  I promise you will be on my mind.  Hoist one for me tomorrow even though I am a Saints fan stuck in Kentucky.

One of these games I'm going to shred a pork butt and sell sammies for $10.00 each. with free small samples...

I'm gonna put the brisket into FTC tomorrow morning around 8:15, head to church and then down to the game.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

FLBentRider

Congrats KyNola....

Here are the pics:

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

That looks like the brisket turned out beautifully.

As for the game, I thought it was over when the Saints got down 21 early.  A couple of plays turned around could have changed the results.  The Dolphins are a better team than their record indicates.

KyNola

FLBentRider

Yeah.... if out receivers could CATCH the ball when it hits them in the hands.....

The brisket was great.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!