Carolina Treet in Canada!

Started by Quarlow, June 03, 2010, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Q,
You are the man to go through all of that, particularly for good friends, many of whom you have never met face to face.  I talk about lots of my friends from the forum to my local friends and my local friends don't "get it".

That's OK, we all "get it" don't we? ;)

Quarlow

You got that right Jack...or a whatever your name is. But your right. I told my brother what was up when he saw all this sauce here and he said so are they paying you. I said "no" to which he says "so what do you get out of it". I said the satisfaction of knowing I just sucked all these guys into an addiction they will never recover from.....oops did I type that outloud..... I meant to say the satisfaction of knowing that all my canadian buddies now or soon will have the joy of CT that I have had. So I hope you all enjoy what I have enjoyed and it fills a spot in your pantry that needed filling. And you never know, someday we maybe able to buy it here because a bunch of guys with smoker addiction imported CT.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Mr Walleye

That's priceless Q!

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

That's goin' to make that CT taste that much better!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Quarlow

StickyD      -  4-28 $
VI_smoker  -   4-28's $-shipped/paid
cpsigmtr     -  2-28's $-shipped
klompie       -  4-28's $-priced
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

monty

Christmas in August  :)

big thanks to Quarlow! he not only went through the trouble of ordering and sending me the CT, but also acted as customs broker for a package CRG was sending me as part of a trade  :D

Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

oakville smoker

Q

How much of CRGs starter you have?
I assume its self propogating?
Any chance of smuggling some into Ontario ?
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

oaksmok, I think by the time it is said and done, both mikeradio and ross will have some.

And it can be propogated ;D.

classicrockgriller

monty, hope you enjoy everything. I'm saving my CR pucks for the Texas Smoke Out!

RossP

Yup thanks to Quarlow and CRG I will be picking my starter up this week sometime.
Me thinks I owe a couple of guys some stuff. ;)

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

StickyD      -  4-28 $
VI_smoker  -   4-28's $-shipped/paid
cpsigmtr     -  2-28's $-shipped
klompie       -  4-28's $-priced

OBS
BBQ

Quarlow

Rick I am going to hand you over to rossP and Mikeradio as I will be passing the flame in there eyes over soon. But they could easily feed their starter and spawn a new seed of the sweet bread for you. Actually Mike has his already.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on August 23, 2010, 06:50:17 PM
Rick I am going to hand you over to rossP and Mikeradio as I will be passing the flame in there eyes over soon. But they could easily feed their starter and spawn a new seed of the sweet bread for you. Actually Mike has his already.

Mike is like a MAD SCIENTIST! I think he has 4 jars of the starter now! ;D

"The Sweet Bread Starter that ate Canada!"

Quarlow

So he is primed to make some nice sweet bread soon, eh. ::)

OBS
BBQ

mikeradio

You bet it's driving me crazy to have wait to make some bread
But it worth the wait to have good healthy strong stater. After it's
Long journey across north America it needed a little tender loving care

I have been feeding and dividing the starter and like CRG said I have 4 starters on the go.  All 4 sample are doing well. I plan to make some bread this weekend

I well be very happy to ship anyone some starter, I think CRG has it all
Figured out how to ship and keep it alive. So just let me know if you want any

classicrockgriller

All I know is how to ring Quarlow's ears! ;D