• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Carolina Treet in Canada!

Started by Quarlow, June 03, 2010, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

One thing everyone has been forgetting to say  ;D

Always have a back up to a back up of CT  ;D

squirtthecat

Hey Nepas, what is the shelf life on that stuff?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 21, 2010, 05:06:40 PM

Hey Nepas, what is the shelf life on that stuff?

From what the Lenwood told me its a year or so depending on where ya keep it. Store in a room temp area away from the sun light and freezing temps. Mine dont last that long  ;D

Quarlow

The cases we got say to use by 01/22/12. That seems pretty pessimistic that it would last that long.  ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

The ones i just brought back have 4/20/12

Quarlow

So thats at least 1 1/2 yrs. Pretty good.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

KyNola

Thanks for the question about the shelf life STC.  STC's coming to Paducah in late September for the BBQ Fest and bringing me half gallon jugs of CT.  We were wondering about the shelf life.  Good to know it will go that long.

leftcoast smoker

Hey Q,
Busted into my case today I gaurantee it wont last that long, I through some chicken parts in the reveo with half a bottle
and let her roll for a while, they went directly on the grill afterwards and got baisted with the CT, pulled the 5 racks BBR's out of the bradley after about 7 1/2 hours and through them on the grill with some sweet baby rays to finish up and I'm telling you I got more comments on the CT chicken then I did on the ribs and they are always a hit.
I think my inlaws actually like me again
Thanks again Colin, you da Man
Lcs

Quarlow

Hey it's the sauce not me. Glad youlike it. On the other hand they are just in-laws so they don't hold much water anyways.  :D :D :D Of course it is better to keep them on the good side. They can be handy at times. ;D

OBS
BBQ

Quarlow

StickyD      -  4-28 $
Mikeradio    -  8-28's $-Shipped
Bavind       -  4-28's $-shipped/paid
Oakville     -   4-28's $-shipped/paid
VI_smoker  -   4-28's $-shipped
pdubba       -  4-28's $-shipped/paid
cpsigmtr     -  2-28's $-shipped
klompie       -  4-28's $-priced

OBS
BBQ

leftcoast smoker

you know what they say.
"inlaws will make ya outlaws"

Captainslug

Hey Q!

Thanks for the effort you put into this endeavor.   Also have to thank you for giving me a good laugh. 

I got the mail on Friday and there was a key in my mailbox for a parcel.  I opened up the door and low and behold a box of freezies!  Freezies!?!?!?  All I could think of was "Who the F&#* would send me freezies!"  then I seen the return address and I litterly broke out laughing.  MY CT!!!  I'm sure the neighbors thought I was nuts but I didn't care.  Thanks so much again for doing this and giving me a good laugh!
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

Quarlow

Hey I had cereal boxes and shoe boxes,cat litter boxes. I never bought anything but tape. I am glad you got the humour in that. Like I said I am cheap. But it is kind of a family tradition to find weird ways to send things. It started when I was 11, I went away with a friend to his uncles farm 700 miles away in the middle of no place by bus that dropped you on the side of the road. Then you had to walk 3 miles down a dirt road to the river and wait for one of the locals to go by in a boat or if his uncle knew you were coming he would come get ya. Well on the way there we stop for a couple of days at his sisters place so we were behind schedule. When we finally got to the farm my mom had already sent me a letter. Of course his uncle had no idea I was coming so he open this kind of odd envelope. Well it seems that with my moms cornball humour, she wrote the letter on toilet paper as a joke but this poor guy didn't know what to think. Then when I was introduced to him he figured it out. He started to laugh and laugh. He laugh so hard I thought he was going to die on the spot. If you can imagine a guy who lives in the boonies with not much contact to the outside world cause the only way you can get there is by boat, recieving a letter written on toilet paper to someone named colin BLOW.
So since then we try to find cheap and humourous ways to send things. Like instead of packing paper I sent me brother a package wrapped in x-mas paper in July. Just goofy stuff, but funny.

OBS
BBQ

Quarlow

Ok here is the story of the border crossing:

So here goes, I headed down to Aunt Izzy's to pick up the sauce after work and
physio on the monday after the sauce show up.
 Well Sonny (CRG) had shipped a few boxes of goodies up to her place also to
see if I could bring them across the border. It was 2 boxes of goodies and
2 boxes with sourdough starter in them.
 Now you have to picture this, he put the starter into vac pac bags and
then stuffed those into mayonnaise jars then screwed the lids on and then
he duct taped them shut. Well if you don't know, starter grows in the warmth
so he also packed the boxes with freezer pacs to keep the growth to a minimum.
 Now the plan was to have the boxes show up at the Aunts place on thursday
or friday and then she would put them into the fridge till I got there on saturday
to bring them up here and then I would refreeze the packs and ship them on to
mikeradio.
 Well the best laid plans of men or mice, the Aunt goes to the post office friday
morning and there are no boxes there to pick up so she goes on with her day.
A half hour later the boxes make it to the post office so they send out a notice
that the boxes have arrived.
 Great except she doesn't get home till after 5:00 and it is to late to get them.
  Now we got these 2 boxes of starter in the Post Office and it is there for
the weekend and it is warming up.
 Anyway I decide not to pick up the sauce till monday night after work cause I don't
want to make 2 trips.
 Well I picked it up monday night and head for the border.
 I get to the border and tell the officer what I have and he sends me to lane 1.
 As I am pulling over to the inspection area I was looking at a sign and
not really at the ground and as I pull into lane 1 I run over a small container
sitting on the ground and this thing makes a pretty good bang as it breaks
under my tire. Well it startles me abit cause I wasn't ready for it so now I
am on edge a little.
 Well there was a customs officer standing about ten feet away putting his dog
in his vehicle and I guess he gets a startle out of it too.
  I get out of my car and look underneath to see what it was and a couple of
other people came over to see also. Well no big deal except I guess the border
guards are kind of jumpy anyways cause they don't get to play with guns
and can't protect themselves like the U.S.guards can. No harm done, it was just
a piece of plastic
  I start to head towards the office to report my goods when "johnny crapped his pants
border guard" decides he needs to check out what the loud bang was. He comes walking
over as I start to head to the office and he stops me and starts to grill me as to what
the loud noise was. I tell him it was just a plastic cup or something and I start
to walk away. He says "that wasn't just a cup or something cause it was to loud". What do I know EH.
 Well I guess he wasn't satisfied with this answer and needs more info.
 He asks me what I am doing so I tell him that I am just going in to declare my packages
but he wants the whole story. I tell him that "I went down to the Aunts to pick up
the boxes of sauce and the ones Sonny sent and now I am on the way home".
 He says "did you just pick up the boxes and then leave or did you hang out there for awhile"
I reply "what do you mean" and he said "did you visit, have a coffee or something to drink"
to which I said "well as a matter of fact I did stay for about a half an hour and had
a pepsi with her". Then he says "were you drinking alcohol" and I said "no" cause I wasn't
 Then he says "are you sure cause I smell alcohol on you", to which I said "no I
haven't been drinking and if you don't believe me give me a breathalyzer". Well that
must have P'd him off cause then he says "Hey if I wanted to give you a breathalyzer,
I would and I wouldn't need your permission either" so I said "well I have not
been drinking so I have nothing to hide and I don't appreciate being accuse of
something I didn't do". Now he was mad at me and says "I wasn't accusing you
of anything, I just said I could smell acohol on you". To which I told him again
"I haven't been drinking so I was just willing to take one so if you are going to then
go right ahead, now are you done with me". Of course he said "no" and gives me some bull carp
about this and that and then sends me inside.
 Now I have to go inside and tell the whole story again cause everyone must have been shivering
in their boots from the bang of the thing under my tire.
 Anyways they take the info from me as to what I am bringing back and then the go out to check out
the contents in the car.
  I should have looked in the boxes with the starter in it before I went to the border
cause the way they were wrapped looked pretty suspicious I have to say, not to mention that those
mayo jars were on the verge of exploding. I just figured that if they weren't leaking then
they must be fine.
  Remember, the starter has been all weekend without cold so it has expanded pretty
good inside these jars that are duct taped shut. All I can say is it is a good thing
they never tried to take the tape off or I would a still be talking to the bomb squad and the CIA
cause when I took the tape off at home they pop with the force of small bombs.
 Just ask Sonny if his hearing is back yet cause he was on the phone when they let go
and my ears are still ringing an hour later so his must be too.
 This all would have been funny as all get out for about 30 seconds till they had my face shoved into
the ground and my hands cuffed in an awkward way. So anyway we got it home, the starter survived,
and Mikeradio is now the proud papa of a Jr. starter from god nows when it was started.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

I sure would have liked to been a little bird watching all this go now! ;D

I still laugh about it! Glad it is over and the deed is done.

Thanks again Q. Your the best.