1st go with my new smoker!

Started by ccfdmike, July 30, 2011, 02:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccfdmike

Tenpoint5.
It's funny that you should mention that about the pictures.  I started getting interested in the smokers from some of the firemen at work.  The more I saw, the more I liked.  I found the Bradley site and almost instantly became addicted to all of the information and pictures.  By the time my smoker actually arrived, I all ready knew that I was going to keep a journal and take pictures of all the steps along the way.  My wife thought it funny that I would get so involved with this because I really haven't been much for the chat/post stuff.  However, the people here are so warm and the information is shared so freely that you really can't help but get involved/excited with everything!  Thanks for all that you share and do :D
Mike

ccfdmike

Mr. Walleye,
Thanks! Was a bunch to figure out in one weekend.  Can't wait for the next one :)

OldHickory

Great job Mike.  I thought your pics were great  :D and your plate was a beauty.  Cahoots is the name  of a fantastic catering service here in Paso Robles, Ca.  Could this be the same as the seasoning you used?
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

ccfdmike

Quote from: OldHickory on August 01, 2011, 04:36:08 PM
Great job Mike.  I thought your pics were great  :D and your plate was a beauty.  Cahoots is the name  of a fantastic catering service here in Paso Robles, Ca.  Could this be the same as the seasoning you used?
Sure is! We have a house a Nacimiento that we go up to every other month.  Stopped by one of the wineries and picked up some.  I think it was a winery....

OldHickory

The food from Cahoots catering is awsome.  I have their cookbook which is great and I have made many of their appetizers and side dishes, which have been delicious---- goes with a lot of good smoked meat.  Have fun with your new smoker.
Char-Broil SRG
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

ccfdmike

Quote from: OldHickory on August 02, 2011, 04:57:52 PM
The food from Cahoots catering is awsome.  I have their cookbook which is great and I have made many of their appetizers and side dishes, which have been delicious---- goes with a lot of good smoked meat.  Have fun with your new smoker.
Do you live in Paso or near by?

Bigbirdoffroad

OK Mike, looks like you have the ribs down, what's your next smoking venture?
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

OldHickory

I live on a ranch about 12 miles South of Paso Robles, the adjacent little town is Creston.
Char-Broil SRG
Pit Barrel Smoker

ccfdmike

Quote from: Bigbirdoffroad on August 03, 2011, 03:52:14 PM
OK Mike, looks like you have the ribs down, what's your next smoking venture?
Thinking about a butt this weekend! Keep your fingers crossed.