PID or BBQ Guru Raptor and Competitor Pkg.

Started by nodak, December 31, 2005, 02:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

tg...

thanks for doing that... i was wondering how sliders work... my sliders never lasted long enough to get an accurate assessment of the situation...

dang... now im craving a 10 sack...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Arcs_n_Sparks

Owrstrich: Now you're talkin'!!!! Last time I was back in Michigan, got a sack of 12. Brought back memories....

Arcs_n_Sparks

Phone Guy

I just received my TS last night. I will get it wired and tested today.

owrstrich

pg... send photos... my order is set for delivery on 1-24...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

nodak

PG please let us know your results.  I put off ordering mine 'til Monday, as I'm going to Mexico for 7 days and figured I would check out your results first, as I wouldn't be home to use it any way.  Figure it can't be any more disappointing than the Raptor I'm returning.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

owrstrich

TomG

Sorry it's taking so long to get back with info on the BS rheostat. I'm having a hell of a time trying to post graphics.   Also just came across Old's Nov. posting which is probably a must read. http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2499

bubbagump

Hi TomG,

Are you referring to the information that Olds got from Dywer tech support about the TS not working with the BS? If you are it was incorrect information.

Trust me, it's not the first time a person from a tech support dept. gave out bad or incorrect information. Try calling Dell tech support sometime and you'll see what I mean.

Bubbagump

Phone Guy

I haven't taken photos yet but I was able to get it wired and tested. I think I need to work through the programming a little more to fine tune things. I performed a simple test by setting the temp to 120F and monitored the swings and accuracy using my Maverick as a comparison. The results were very good. The temps were almost the same on both displays (TS and ET-73) The Ts shut off the Bradley at 120f but the temp continued to climb to 124. I had the variable set to 3 deg so it didn't turn back on until the temp dropped to 117. I didn't have a lot of time but a more accurate test needs to be done. I think tonight I'll try a 200 deg setting and monitor the swings. I can tell this is a good investment.
If someone has this setup already, can you tell me the best programming setup? There are several different parameters and I'm not sure which one I need to worry about.

nodak

Thanks PG, keep us posted. I'll be ordering mine by wed. unless you tell me not to.  How long did it take to get yours???

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

owrstrich

pg... i will be figuring it out very soon too... interested on you 200 deg findings...

nd... i ordered one on i-18-06...

my ups tracking is 1Z4426500347619231 if you want to go to http://ups.com/content/us/en/index.jsx and follow its travels...

In Transit -
On Time       

Scheduled Delivery:   01/24/2006    
Shipped to:       ANAHEIM, CA, US    
Shipped or Billed on:    01/18/2006    
Tracking Number:    1Z 442 650 03 4761 923 1    
Service Type:       GROUND    
Weight:       1.00 Lb    
Note:               Your package is in the UPS system and is on  
                        time with a scheduled delivery date of
                        01/24/2006.    

Package Progress:

Location    Date    Local Time    Activity
HODGKINS,  IL,  US    01/19/2006    3:18 A.M.    ARRIVAL SCAN
TRI-CITY,  IN,  US    01/18/2006    11:00 P.M.    DEPARTURE SCAN
   01/18/2006    7:51 P.M.    ORIGIN SCAN
US    01/18/2006    5:55 P.M.    BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 01/23/2006 9:47 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

Phone Guy

Drano,
How do you have your TS programmed? I think I have mine correct but am not happy with the temp swings I seem to be getting. I tried a 210 deg setting with a 3 deg variance and the temp would drop to 188 then shut off at 210 and continue to 215. Thats 27 degrees. I need to practice a little.

owrstrich

pg... just opened the box... wont get it wired and checked out till thurs or fri...

owrstrich

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />Drano,
I tried a 210 deg setting with a 3 deg variance and the temp would drop to 188 then shot off at 210 and continue to 215. Thats 27 degrees. I need to practice a little.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
PG,

If your BS was empty when you tested the TS it would have cooled down much more quickly after the heating element was cycled off rather than if it were filled with meat. Having it filled with meat will help retain the heat and should help reduce the big drop in temp.

To get an accurate test you should really load it with something and use as you normally do.

Bubbagump

owrstrich

good advice gump... thats what ill do fri night... gonna have a full smoker...

thanks...

owrstrich