Previous topic - Next topic

BOUTCH

Hi.
I would like to know what FTC mean in your forum :'(
thanks
i am  french and i don't know what it's mean
merci beaucoup.

iceman

Hi ya Boutch. FTC "Foil, Towel, Cooler". This meaning when the meat comes out of the smoker you wrap it tight in foil, then in layers of towels then stick it in an old cooler chest to keep WARM not cold for a few hours. This finishes the cooking process and makes the meat very tender and easy to pull or slice. Hope this helps you out. :D

MallardWacker

Quote from: BOUTCH on April 11, 2006, 01:08:39 PM
Hi.
I would like to know what FTC mean in your forum :'(

IceRat has it correct.  Typically it done for pork butts and it works well on brisket and I have used it for chicken.  This extra step will make the difference between a good butt and and an excellent butt.  This will allow the meat to rest,mellow the flavors and cook just a little more, this will almost insure of a nice moist butt/brisket.  I put a few ounces of apple juice before I seal it up with foil...I don't do a butt/brisket with out FTC'ing it.  For the cooler part of it you can use anything from a Styrofoam to a big Coleman type, just shut the lid and let it set for at least 2hrs, it has been well documented around here that it will keep it blazing hot for up to five hrs easy.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...