Smoker Site to go down for good on 03/01/2014

Started by Oldman, January 16, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Is there any way to download it and put it one of this forum's topics as a "sticky" post? Even if we can't alter or add to it, it would be a good resource. If need be it could have a disclaimer that Bradley does not recommend or endorse anything in the file. (or whatever legal mumbo-jumbo is appropriate).
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: KyNola on January 17, 2014, 07:55:58 AM
Habs,
If you don't mind, would you please post a reminder when you have the data base updated?

Thanks for your hard work on the recipe site.

Sure. That will be no problem.

Quote from: GusRobin on January 17, 2014, 09:04:25 AM
Is there any way to download it and put it one of this forum's topics as a "sticky" post? Even if we can't alter or add to it, it would be a good resource. If need be it could have a disclaimer that Bradley does not recommend or endorse anything in the file. (or whatever legal mumbo-jumbo is appropriate).

I would have to say it would not be possible, without a tremendous amount of rewriting most of the information. The two forums codes are not 100% compatible, and there would be a lot of formatting that will be lost. Especially those write-ups with tables and bullets, and there are a lot of them. 

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Sorry to hear you're not feeling up to par old man  ;). Take it easy Raye and thanks for the great web site.

RedJada

Quote from: Oldman on January 16, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

On the site there is a set up so you can download the whole site. Just make sure to following the directions. Make sure to install the program first before you download the recipes

Anything for MAC users? Looks like the download is for windows machines.... I would hate to loose all this info.

Patrick

jmforester

Thank you for this resource, it has been invaluable to me. I really appreciate it. I learned a lot, was able to make all the mods to my OBS, and cook/smoke lots of really good stuff. Good Luck, and again, Thanks.

Jonathan M. Forester
Food & Beverage Consultant & Writer
Brewer / Winemaker / Distiller
Master Spirits Professional, USBG

KyNola

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 17, 2014, 12:58:49 PM
Quote from: KyNola on January 17, 2014, 07:55:58 AM
Habs,
If you don't mind, would you please post a reminder when you have the data base updated?
Thanks for your hard work on the recipe site.
Sure. That will be no problem.
Quote from: GusRobin on January 17, 2014, 09:04:25 AM
Thanks Habs.  I know lots of folks would appreciate it.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: RedJada on January 17, 2014, 04:56:59 PM
Quote from: Oldman on January 16, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

On the site there is a set up so you can download the whole site. Just make sure to following the directions. Make sure to install the program first before you download the recipes

Anything for MAC users? Looks like the download is for windows machines.... I would hate to loose all this info.

Patrick

Golden Section Labs only make a Windows version of GS Reader and GS Notes. Depending on what OS you are running, you may want to try a Mac program called CrossOver Mac Pro.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

RedJada

Sailor

RedJada, I looked at the compatibility chart for Crossover and they don't list Golden Reader in the apps that they support.  I think your best bet is to purchase Parallels or VMware to run a virtual machine.  I had been using VMware for years and switched to Parallels and love it.  I hate to run Windows but some of the companies that I do work for their apps only run in Windows so I am forced to put up with the window environment. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

RedJada

Thanks Sailor, I will check that out too. Hate to loose all that info. I'm willing to help to keep the site going but haven't seen any mention of anyone else willing to do so. It will be sad if the site just fades away. There is a legacy there, Too much time and work just to let it go off into the cyber world.

NorthShoreMN

I am willing to donate to a fund for the purpose of converting those files or transferring them to another server.  It would be a shame to loose that collection. 
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

RedJada

ragweed

Quarlow

Thanks also Raye. I would be willing to donate to this cause too. If someone picked it up we could do like a pledge drive say every February to raise the funds to pay for it. Kind of like PBS TV. I know Raye mention what it cost but it escapes me how much. I'm sure we could raise the funds and maybe we could even find some corporate donations also. So what do you all think? Is it feasible?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

tailfeathers

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!