• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ongoing forum issues

Started by LilSmoker, February 07, 2008, 01:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote

Thanks LS , You are a true Hero member to say the least. It's guys like you that make this such
a great community.
                                                                                  Thanks again,
                                                                                             Coyote

Habanero Smoker

On my end, I've noticed that it has been running smoother and faster. Now if they can get the preview, and avatars working again, that would be good.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

LilSmoker

Thanks for the kind words guys, no big deal though, just a few mails and a bit of communication  ;)

Just like everybody else, i realise how special this place is, and i hate it when things don't work properly  ;D

Anyway, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will get fixed on Friday
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

IKnowWood

Wow I missed some issued on the boards.  Hopefully it gets worked out.  LS  thanks for staying on top of it.   One of my projects is all about Collaboration and I have a good team that gets notices within seconds of an issue and they jump of it.  We are right on issues and make sure we know more than our consumers.   Hopefully Bradley steps up like that.  Yeah, sure there are times things go wrong and processes break, but its learning to not let that happen again.

LS you are great to help us get this done.   Looking for a new job.  I got openings in IT.  Course requires relocation and we don't pay for that.  :)

Lets see how this goes.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Oldman

The site seems to running smoothly now. Except the preview still does not work.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

LilSmoker

QuoteLS you are great to help us get this done.   Looking for a new job.  I got openings in IT.  Course requires relocation and we don't pay for that. 

IKW, you don't know how tempting that sounds, if it were just my decision i'd already be on the plane  ;)

3rensho

Looks like they've finally upgraded the software to a release version from the release candidate 2.  Preview works too.  Way to go guys.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

LilSmoker

Quote from: 3rensho on February 14, 2008, 10:01:33 PM
Looks like they've finally upgraded the software to a release version from the release candidate 2.  Preview works too.  Way to go guys.

Tom

Yes they have indeed, the new versions and dates are shown at the foot of the page

Our old forum version was way out of date, and fairly corrupt imo  :'(

Anyway all seems just fine now, the preview and avatars etc are all working, and i just hope it's looked after now, and kept up to date.

Kam kept to his word and got us fixed, so that's great news

Think i should mail him and tell him thanks from all of us  ;)

Bye for now  LilSmoker

Habanero Smoker

Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks LilSmoker, and also thank Kam.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 15, 2008, 02:43:46 AM
Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks LilSmoker, and also thank Kam.

Yes indeed. Thanks to all for getting this resolved.

car54

Thanks LiLSmoker,

It is really nice having the previews working.

Brad

acords

Has anybody noticed if the "notify" feature is working correctly.  I don't seem to be getting notification emails on the the threads I've subscribed to. I've had some issues with my ISP mail server in the last few days, so I'm not sure if it is on my end or not.
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Habanero Smoker

Is anyone experiencing problems with this forum. For the last 3 days it's been running extremely slow. It's acting the same way it did prior to the problems we had before the upgrade. I've logged on using 3 different machines, and I've tried disabling the firewall and neither helped. This is the only site that I am having this experience with.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 01, 2008, 02:41:44 PM
Is anyone experiencing problems with this forum. For the last 3 days it's been running extremely slow. It's acting the same way it did prior to the problems we had before the upgrade. I've logged on using 3 different machines, and I've tried disabling the firewall and neither helped. This is the only site that I am having this experience with.
Thought it was my IP. Slooooow is the word. Hmmmmm.

Mr Walleye

Yup, me too.

It's not horrible but it is running slower than it was.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes