Paula Deen's fried chicken (kicked up)

Started by pensrock, January 25, 2009, 10:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Pens, I was looking at the bacon bra, and if that was you, just a little too skinny for me.  I like my girls with a little meat on them...
However, if that is you holding the fish, that is JUST RIGHT - I mean the FISH, of course!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!

seemore

pensrock

Thats a landlocked striper I caught a couple years ago. I would love to catch a few more. It was great eating around the campfire that evening.

Smoking Duck

Quote from: cowgirl on January 25, 2009, 12:53:48 PM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 25, 2009, 11:09:21 AM
That looks real good, Pens!  However, embrace your inner Hazel! Women love a man that can be strong but also show a sweet, sensitive side  ;D While your friends may make fun of you, you'll be enjoying the love of a good woman and they'll be home watching infomercials.  Now, I'm just as big a fan as Billy Mays as the next guy, but given a choice................ ;D

LOL! You are very wise Smoking Duck.  ;D

I couldn't agree with you more, Cowgirl  ;D  Getting the rest of the forum to agree might be a harder challenge  :o  Smoking Duck, Love Guru Extraordinaire  ;)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

seemore

Pens, the chicken was great!  I had a mixture of half Louisiana hot sauce and half Franks hot sauce.  I added garlic salt, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper to the flour.  After we ate, Seemore found some New Orleans Cajun style seasoning in the cupboard.  Oh well..
Between the WTS mashed potato salad and the fried chicken, it was like a summer picnic in the house, even though it is 7 degrees outside...
All that was missing was a batch of Corky's cole slaw!

pensrock

Glad it came out so well for you.

Corky's, is this the same Corky's that has the BBQ restaurants?
I was at one near Memphis several years back and the food was great.

NePaSmoKer

very nice pens. now i'm hungry again.

nepas

Caneyscud

Quote from: pensrock on January 25, 2009, 01:43:12 PM
Thats a landlocked striper I caught a couple years ago. I would love to catch a few more. It was great eating around the campfire that evening.
I wish you hadn't brought up Stripers - have had to turn down two trips in the last 3 weeks.  Both times, they laid into the 15 - 20 lb hybrids.  Good bite going on right now and man am I getting a ribbing turning down some good trips!

As far as keeping chicken moist, I have always had very good luck with a soak in buttermilk prior to breading and double dipping.  It does wonders for those breasts especially if you add a goodly amount of hot sauce in it.  Hot chicken is a big thing around here.  Some of the chains attempted, but the best is the little local joints - I think we have 5 right now.  One I know soaks with the buttermilk/hot sauce.   Some do the first dip in nothing but hot pepper/cayenne then dip over it with spicy flour.  Protects the pepper from the heat some. 

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Air
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

aces-n-eights

That looks great -  i think i'll add those to my Superbowl menu... mmmmmm
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

cowgirl

Quote from: pensrock on January 25, 2009, 01:09:05 PM
QuotePensrock, your chicken looks excellent! Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to give it a try.
Anytime cowgirl. I actually have been wanting to try to make your smoked pork egg rolls and the Cajun Shrimp and Cabbage casserole. They looked great on your blog site.

Thank you Pens!  :)
The great thing about eggrolls, you can put just about anything in them.  ;D

cowgirl

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 25, 2009, 03:59:28 PM
Quote from: cowgirl on January 25, 2009, 12:53:48 PM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 25, 2009, 11:09:21 AM
That looks real good, Pens!  However, embrace your inner Hazel! Women love a man that can be strong but also show a sweet, sensitive side  ;D While your friends may make fun of you, you'll be enjoying the love of a good woman and they'll be home watching infomercials.  Now, I'm just as big a fan as Billy Mays as the next guy, but given a choice................ ;D

LOL! You are very wise Smoking Duck.  ;D

I couldn't agree with you more, Cowgirl  ;D  Getting the rest of the forum to agree might be a harder challenge  :o  Smoking Duck, Love Guru Extraordinaire  ;)

;D A man of many talents!  ;D

cowgirl

Fishing and camping..... 8) 8)
I have spring fever so bad, not sure how I'm going to make it throught the rest of winter. lol

Caneyscud

Quote from: cowgirl on January 26, 2009, 10:30:15 AM

Fishing and camping..... 8) 8)
I have spring fever so bad, not sure how I'm going to make it throught the rest of winter. lol

Well, there's always them high falutin' 0 deg or less sleeping bags!  Or did what Survivorman did the other day - dug a snow cave!  Now that would be hard core spring fever to go to that degree of trouble!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pensrock

Cowgirl, How can you be tired of winter? I did not think Oklahoma had a winter season.  ???

QuoteI wish you hadn't brought up Stripers - have had to turn down two trips in the last 3 weeks.  Both times, they laid into the 15 - 20 lb hybrids.  Good bite going on right now and man am I getting a ribbing turning down some good trips!

Man I do not think I could turn down a chance to fish for stripers. The one I caught was only about 14# but it was fun.

seemore

Pens, the recipe for Corky's cole slaw is from the Time Tested Recipes here on Bradley!
We have been to a Corky's in Memphis, and this cole slaw is quite similar to Corky's.
Now I'm hungry for cole slaw. 
Caney, I have never soaked chicken in buttermilk, but I think I am going to have to try that now.  And have some Corky's cole slaw to go with it!

Smoking Duck

Corky's Slaw is on the menu for Super Bowl Sunday here.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra