What does your handle mean?

Started by car54, July 23, 2008, 01:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

Kummock,

Great looking bike. 3 weeks ago I took my grandson to the newly opened Harley- Davidson museum in Milwaukee. It was enjoyable and it showed the history and development of the HD. They had a wall with all the different engines that they had made. It was more diverse then you would think. They made an opposed twin, square 4 , V4 and water cooled engines. They also had celebrity and customized bikes there. It was worth the $16.00 to get in. That bike would fit in the museum!

Brad

Stargazer

Quote from: car54 on July 23, 2008, 01:07:57 PM
For years I have wondered why people choose the user names and what they mean.

Stargazer from Ritchie Blackmore: Deep Purple/Rainbow  8)

Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

westexasmoker

OMG I think I still have that album!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

easyridinole

Hey Kummok, thats one classic panhead! You don't see to many of them around anymore. Seeing that bike reminds me of HD's 100th anniversary when I was out riding and I stopped at a gas station to refuel and and older fellar stopped at the same time. He was coming back from the big HD event and rode all the way from Alaska on an old panhead like that! He had to ride through dirt and snow just to get here. Here I am living in Wisconsin and never even went to the 100th anniversary. It was fun just to sit and talk with him a little since I was going to Alaska on my honeymoon. I can't wait to go back and do some more Halibut fishing. Never got to do any Salmon fishing though. :'(
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

La Quinta

Quote from: Consiglieri on July 27, 2008, 04:49:09 PM
I'm an Italian lawyer that has seen the Godfather many, many times.  Lucca Brazzi didn't quite fit.

:D :D :D

goalieboy29

Played the nets since I was a lad.

Star Wars geek too. My goalie mask is painted like a Stormtroopers helmet...(I know, I know...)

It's the wood that makes it good.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

goalieboy29

Thanks. The great Tony Jarret from Raleigh, NC (pulled pork country) did that for me.

Along the lines of your interests, my brother has a 72 FLH Shovelhead. His wife gets annoyed when he tries to bring it to bed ...!

Me, I'm an early 70's Beemer Airhead fan.

Cheers.

Oldman

Kummok,

When I was a kid I had a 1956 KH Flathead. Man if you did not set the spark advance correctly you were either airborn or your broke your leg~~! LOL!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

I ride a cherry 77 Yamaha 500 XT "Thumper" right now that is kick start only, Olds...it'll do the same thing if the cam position is exactly right when you kick 'er over! :o  Fortunately I was raised with and Indian Scout and Chief and learned about the spark retard RIGHT away!

For you panhead lovers....Dad built that thing as a basket case of parts. I believe that it is a 49 frame/engine/trans w/ a 50 glider front end. He hand painted 49 coats of enamel that you see on it in the pic. In about 2003 or 4 he asked me if I wanted it. Being "project rich" and not really in love w/ HDs, I declined. We subsequently held an interview with a local airplane builder who had expressed a very strong desire to have it, to see if he was "worthy". He definitely was! Great guy who brought it back to life and rode it up to show Dad on the day the pic was taken. Since then, he's done miracles to the bike and will likely be buried with it, he loves it so much. The really cool thing that he did was ride it (in the rain!) to Dad's memorial service last year and park it in front of the church with Dad's old leathers (which I still have) draped over it..... He is indeed "worthy" to have it!  ;)

Doggone, I love that mask GB29! If I could figure out how to get it done up here, I'd have to use your theme on my sled helmet....just might scare away the occasional insomniac Grizzly!!

goalieboy29

If you have the time and the patience, Tony would hook you up. He loves doing helemts.

http://www.maskedexpressions.com/gallery/

Something to think about during those long days on the water....

Kummok

ThanX for the link, GB! I checked it out and thought his work showed incredible talent.....At $200-$700 though, I think I'm gonna have to stick to scaring grizzlys with the 1911 !!

oguard

Oguard is short for offensive guard .I played some football back in the day and still coach it today.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Caneyscud

Moniker from a couple of flyfishing boards I am also on.  Did I say I love to flyfish and work at a fly shop on Sat. for the fun of it!  The Caney Fork is the river I fish mostly.  Wanted a good fly to go with the name and Caneywiggleminnow, caneyprincenymph, caneyzebramidge, caneysofthackle or caneygreenbutt just didn't seem to work out too well so ---  Caneyscud.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smoking Duck

My educational background is wildlife biology.  I absolutely love hunting, fishing, being outdoors.  The day I joined the forum I had just had the hardest day hunting ever (but most rewarding).  We limited out on ducks (2 of us) in 15 minutes.  But, it was colder than a witch's you know what that day.  I had to push a boat about 3/4 of a mile through 3 inches of ice while the water was just deep enough to get over my waders.  On top of that, we had the boat full of decoys, a buddy that went upwards of 350 pounds and his dog that weighed 105 pound and mine that weighed 60 pounds.  Shot the birds in 15 minutes time and then had to push the boat back to the car through the ice.  When all was said and done, I could barely walk but my buddy said the steam was coming off of me like a Smoking Duck.  So, I decided to use it here.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra