FREE GIVEAWAY LOOK

Started by SMOKEHOUSE ROB, January 11, 2005, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKBob

Hello Kummok
Yes another sourdough, sorry about the neighborhood.
I live in Sterling. Plan on being down your way Saturday after some winter kings, weather permitting of course.
I've copied your recipe for smoked salmon and I'm looking forward to trying it.
With the 2 pounds of brown sugar does this put it a little on the sweet side?
I belive the recipe is for apprx 10 pounds of fish, are your able to do that much in the BS at one time?

Bob

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Bob!  I'm about as far away as you can get, near Boston MA, but we're all connected by the love of smokin'  Please share your experiences with us!

BTW, 10# of salmon in the BS is a breeze . . . [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Fuzzybear

Sheesh!  A whole buncha peoples came outta da woodwork!  New members too!  Welcome all!

Ahem, Fuzzball will take <font size="5">55</font id="size5">

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

mgg

Hi I'll guess <font color="red"><font size="3"><b>666</b></font id="size3"></font id="red">.
[}:)]
Michael

manxman

Hi mqq,

Dunno why I checked this forum when I did, not been here since I posted 666 a while ago! Must be telepathic!

You may want to make another number selection so you get a go at the prize.... too good to miss a chance of winning![}:)][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

Kummok

AKBob
Sterling!! Almost 100 miles, but just around the corner in Alaska travel [;)] Sounds like you're practicing for the upcoming March King Derby! Hope to hear back from you on how the fishing went. My boat's tarped until late March, so I'm anxiouos to hear how the King bite is doing from someone that DOES get out on the Bay this time of year.  I was just up in your area last Saturday, stealing your rainbows from the Swanson River lakes.....

Re: Your "how many pounds per brine" question.....my last batch was about 45# if I estimated weight right. It was 16 racks/2Bradleys full of mostly white feeder King. I'm gonna try posting pics, (per Olds MOST excellent instructions!) today. I use one of the Coleman blue "The Cube" coolers and fill it pretty full of brine (double my recipe ingredients) and fish. It is definitely not too sweet for my taste and no one that eats it has said anything about too sweet (and most of my GOOD friends are PAINFULLY honest). I am however, thinking about lessening the amount of salt or switching to Yoshida Original Gourmet Sauce instead of the soy or terriyaki....last batch was a little salty for this ol' cardiac patient
[:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Kummok

OK, gonna give this picture posting thing a try. If this works, here's a pic of Smokehouse Rob's Rack Rack loaded with King salmon pieces....my homebuilt is the lower 2X4 spruce holder w/ screen. It will be replaced shortly with another of SR's premium rack racks[:D]

Success!! [:D]  Thank you Olds [^]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

upinsmoke

That is a nice rack,hope to see it on my door step.It has to be 499.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AKBob</i>
<br />With the 2 pounds of brown sugar does this put it a little on the sweet side?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I don't like desserts. Cake, ice cream, cookies, candy (OK, I do eat a couple of Twizzlers once or twice a year.), most fruit unless it's fermented[;)] or anything normally considered "sweet".

Kummok's salmon is the best I've ever had privy to taste, so I can guarantee you, it's not sweet.[:p] Or at least in my warped perception of taste.[:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by upinsmoke</i>
<br />That is a nice rack,hope to see it on my door step.It has to be 499.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Welcome, UIS!  Don't be a stranger after the drawing! [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

upinsmoke

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by upinsmoke</i>
<br />That is a nice rack,hope to see it on my door step.It has to be 499.
Welcome, UIS!  Don't be a stranger after the drawing! [;)]

John
Newton MA

upinsmoke

Thanks John, my smoker just arrived,can't wait to use it.I'll probably be looking for some pointers.

Oldman

Kummok,
Just how many smokers do you have? That's a lot of fish. I like SMOKEHOUSE ROB'S racks and they very professional; however I got to ask what is it about yours with the screening that you feel is wrong and as such are going to replace it?

Where I live a screen unit is a must it is outside.  Or do you have some sort of screening that covers SMOKEHOUSE ROB'S?

BTW I just love the background of that photograph. You truly live where I would like to.
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

upinsmoke,

Sorry I missed posting a hello and welcome to this forum.  A lot of good folks here.  All willing to help or just to pull up a chair, grap a cold one and chew the fat for a while.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

Smokehouse Rob and Chez Bubba were working together to come up with a screening system for the rack.  What is the progress on that?  Still in the mix?

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.