Finally cool enough to try "MY FIRST SMOKED CHEESE"

Started by classicrockgriller, November 04, 2009, 06:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

For some reason once cheese is smoked it lasys much longer in the fridge than unsmoked. That is if you can keep it hidden that long.  ;) ;D

classicrockgriller

I told my wifie that the cheese would give her diarrhea if she ate it before two months. ;D ;D ;D

pensrock

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 05, 2009, 02:20:19 PM
I told my wifie that the cheese would give her diarrhea if she ate it before two months. ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D That should work, don't let her see you sneeking a piece or two though.

ArnieM

I labeled mine with a skull and cross-bones and said "Poisonous if eaten before ..."
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: pensrock on November 05, 2009, 03:17:45 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 05, 2009, 02:20:19 PM
;D ;D ;D That should work, don't let her see you sneeking a piece or two though.

I put me some in my man cave fridge. She won't eat anything from there.

ArnieM

-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

One year I had her B-day present in there unwrapped for three weeks, she never knew it.

Only place that wouldn't dare look.

OU812

classicrockgriller

Quote from: OU812 on November 06, 2009, 05:27:51 AM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 05, 2009, 04:25:48 PM

I put me some in my man cave fridge. She won't eat anything from there.

Works for me to.

Great Minds think alike (man you are in trouble) ;D

classicrockgriller

I smoked this cheese and vac sealed on wensday last week. Sunday, while I was at the camp, my oldest comes to the house to help his Mom. He is a fridge raider.

He tells me on Monday evening that the cheese I smoked was really good. I just laughed my butt off and told him if he liked it now then after it has age long enough he would LOVE it. Went to the fridge and re-vac the open cheese.

seemore

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 11, 2009, 04:01:23 PM
I smoked this cheese and vac sealed on wensday last week. Sunday, while I was at the camp, my oldest comes to the house to help his Mom. He is a fridge raider.

He tells me on Monday evening that the cheese I smoked was really good. I just laughed my butt off and told him if he liked it now then after it has age long enough he would LOVE it. Went to the fridge and re-vac the open cheese.

Dam kids,  :D

My son came over the other day to sight in his rifle and when I came home he was going to his truck with an arm full of goodies from the freezer.

classicrockgriller

OU, He got that too. He now leaves me an order form as to what he wants.

At least I'm cooking what he wants. ;D

ArnieM

Quote from: OU812 on November 12, 2009, 07:21:55 AM

My son came over the other day to sight in his rifle and when I came home he was going to his truck with an arm full of goodies from the freezer.

That's not too bad OU.  When my youngest daughter comes over she considers my house to be kind of a combined bank and supermarket - and she's not depositing.  :-\
-- Arnie

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on November 12, 2009, 09:24:50 AM
Quote from: OU812 on November 12, 2009, 07:21:55 AM

That's not too bad OU.  When my youngest daughter comes over she considers my house to be kind of a combined bank and supermarket - and she's not depositing.  :-\

That too, and when in need I am a car rental place that dont charge rent.