Finally cool enough to try "MY FIRST SMOKED CHEESE"

Started by classicrockgriller, November 04, 2009, 06:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: OU812 on November 12, 2009, 09:39:13 AM
Quote from: ArnieM on November 12, 2009, 09:24:50 AM
Quote from: OU812 on November 12, 2009, 07:21:55 AM

Dam kids,  :D

My son came over the other day to sight in his rifle and when I came home he was going to his truck with an arm full of goodies from the freezer.

That's not too bad OU.  When my youngest daughter comes over she considers my house to be kind of a combined bank and supermarket - and she's not depositing.  :-\

That too, and when in need I am a car rental place that dont charge rent.

And a Bank that loans (gives) money and never gets it back.

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 12, 2009, 09:52:05 AM
Quote from: OU812 on November 12, 2009, 09:39:13 AM
Quote from: ArnieM on November 12, 2009, 09:24:50 AM
Quote from: OU812 on November 12, 2009, 07:21:55 AM

Dam kids,  :D

My son came over the other day to sight in his rifle and when I came home he was going to his truck with an arm full of goodies from the freezer.

That's not too bad OU.  When my youngest daughter comes over she considers my house to be kind of a combined bank and supermarket - and she's not depositing.  :-\

That too, and when in need I am a car rental place that dont charge rent.

And a Bank that loans (gives) money and never gets it back.

That too

classicrockgriller

I smoked this cheese on the 4th and told my wifie that we had to wait for 10 days to eat it.

Everyday when I am home there is a note by the coffee pot telling me how long the cheese has been vac packed.

This morning the note said "It has been 20 days since you smoked this cheese. I am cutting this stuff on Wensday"

So much for the 30 day mark.

Quarlow

Maybe you need a fridge with a lock or some sort of 0y trap. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Ka Honu

Find a lactose-intolerant friend.  Swear him or her to secrecy (bribe as necessary) and store it in his/her fridge.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on November 23, 2009, 05:34:02 PM
Find a lactose-intolerant friend.  Swear him or her to secrecy (bribe as necessary) and and store it in his/her fridge.

ROFL

ArnieM

That's a good one KH.  You ever been in stand up comedy?

I store mine in a crisper drawer with lots of green stuff piled on top.  Out of sight, out of mind.

We had a cheapo dinner tonight.  Frozen pizza.  They were 5 for $10.  This one had pepperoni.  I added more pepperoni, sliced black olives, sliced fresh tomatoes, EVOO and shredded smoked mozzarella.  It was GOOD!
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

RowJuigoopigH

Amazing it actually worked, first door i clicked on there was 25. Could be a cooincidence but its still a surprise when it works.

deb415611

Quote from: Ka Honu on November 23, 2009, 05:34:02 PM
Find a lactose-intolerant friend.  Swear him or her to secrecy (bribe as necessary) and store it in his/her fridge.

basement fridge drawer topped with packages of sausage casings ;D

KyNola

Something tells me we should prepare for the next round of spam.

KyNola

Anongicy73

would it have powdered cheese for the weight weanies, or a brick of velveeta for the FRers?

Ka Honu

Just opened the first packages of pepper jack & cheddar I smoked on November 19th (couldn't wait any longer).  Mmmmm good (and will only get better)! 

Only problem is that I'm guessing SWMBO will appropriate a bunch of it for Christmas gifts (My own damn fault - I shouldn't have vacuumed it in convenient half-pound packages).  Fifteen pounds could disappear pretty quickly but I guess I can always make more.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on December 02, 2009, 01:10:11 PM
Just opened the first packages of pepper jack & cheddar I smoked on November 19th (couldn't wait any longer).  Mmmmm good (and will only get better)! 

Only problem is that I'm guessing SWMBO will appropriate a bunch of it for Christmas gifts (My own damn fault - I shouldn't have vacuumed it in convenient half-pound packages).  Fifteen pounds could disappear pretty quickly but I guess I can always make more.

Was going to cut mine last week and never got around to it. On the 4th it will be 30 days.

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 02, 2009, 03:09:11 PM

Was going to cut mine last week and never got around to it. On the 4th it will be 30 days.

Watch out everybody CRG is going to cut the cheese.

Sory I couldnt help my self.  ::)